Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / [Idea] Community theme pack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2008 20:44
Haha, I wrote a song way back entitled The Void as well. That one was more power metal-ish though. Got to say that yours was a very nice ambient track; pleasant to listen to

Here's mine:
Medieval Theme - I never got around to work any further on this one, unfortunately. I would have maybe added in a solo guitar part, but it sounds pretty well as-is too.
Constellation - I wrote this for another guy who requested it. As he hasn't contacted me further about it for several months now, I take it he didn't want it and release it to the public.

-> Oh, come on...
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2008 21:39
hey guys , sorry i didn`t make a tune for this pack ive been having troubles with insperation at the moment everything i do seems rubbish .

anyway good luck i hope to hear some cool tunes .

@rudolpho i hope it wasn`t the one you sent me to add some lyrics ,if it was i`m sorry just haven`t been up to much lateley.

chunks.

nvidia geforce 8600gt + amd athlon 64
windows xp pro.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2008 22:41
@Chunks: Don't worry (it was written for a space shooter game during late summer )

-> Oh, come on...
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2008 16:05
cool i am glad ,did everyone have a good christmas ?

chunks.

nvidia geforce 8600gt + amd athlon 64
windows xp pro.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2008 23:46
Pretty good. Happy new 2009

-> Oh, come on...
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 10:45 Edited at: 30th Jan 2009 10:48
Hey Rudolpho..... i need some help figuring out the midi in buffer commands comming from the keyboard.

Every time i clear the midi in buffer my program crashes? Anythoughts?

Also it seems that the data it sends over for a single note keeps changing values.... The only value that stays the same is the trigger of releasing a note.

Any help would be great....thanks

(I decided to have 1 more go at another music app)

SMD3DInteractive
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 23:14
Hm, well, there is a Midi plugin thread (that could use some activity, *hint* )

Anyhow, the midiIn functionality worked like a charm during my tests and also in two test applications I wrote (see the demonstration source, by the way). Do you have the latest version? Otherwise it can be downloaded from the main plugin thread.
If you do and it still yields problems, could you describe exactly what you are doing when it happens? Just clearing the buffer should imply no problems.

About changing data; all midi messages (for the specified channel) is recorded and stacked in the buffer, so if you for instance turn the pitch wheel, you might well end up with a few dozens of messages setting the pitch differently. Or if your synthesizer is having some arpeggio activated, it will repeatedly turn on and off notes while you hold a key, etc.
Is this what you meant?

"We know some things about poodles, for example that they are alive, they can bark, they eat meat..."
- Extract from Objects first with Java.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 18:43:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 18:43:52