Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Building Portals Hangtime

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I notice, when testing my game, I often have to wait up to 2 minutes for it to get past the "Building Portals..." stage, what gives?

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2008 07:04
It happens a lot dont worry its normal

Xtinction Coming Soon.
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2008 07:30
Well it happens on official fpsc upgrade anyway.

[url=
"Welcome to the forums, MasterXMP. Your game looks like garbage..." - Game Maker
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2008 08:14
Yes, building portals takes time, but don't worry, it's a proper optimization routine for FPSC. It makes sure that the engine won't be trying to render any un-needed polygons depending on your position in the level. It glitches sometimes and doesn't build some of them correctly, though.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
I know it's normal, it's just annoying, especially when you have larger levels, lol

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol, it'd be more annoying not building them at all!

It saves you from rendering a couple million polies too many, at least in a big level.

Programador hispano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2008 17:23 Edited at: 6th Nov 2008 17:23
That happened to me when I started using FPSC, I am running windows vista, I fixed it by getting the latest upgrade and changing the compatibility to windows XP SP2, and run it also as administrator.

For some reason It would get stuck in " building portals ", and it was creating hundreds of them on the floor, not the one you walk on, but outside floor. You could see them if you would place a prefab with a door then go to it and stand at the edge and look down. It was weird.

...........(o o)........
--oooO--(_)--Oooo---

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 17:29:07
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 17:29:07