Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Matrix Commands

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2008 18:31
Browsing through the DarkGDK header files, after seeing the dbGetInternalCameraData posted elsewhere and wondering how many more undocumented commands there are, I found
dbGetObjectWorldMatrix and dbSetObjectWorldMatrix.
I don't know how useful others will find these, but they are perfect for me, because it allows me to use the fluidity of D3D's matrix system in GDK, and also lets me integrate PhysX properly, instead of using weird conversions from Quaternions to Euler values as I was before.

I also thought it was a shame to leave these undocumented, so I added them to the wiki. You can find them on:
http://darkgdk.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Undocumented_Commands
if everyone also added commands they have found would be a great help, instead of having to read through all those headers. There were many more I saw, but these two were the only i used.
Mason
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2008 05:33
Yeah, I guess there is supposedly a lot, I'm gunna have to look into that. I think what you got going there is a great idea but unfortunately the Dark GDK community is really booming like Dark Basic Pro is. I'll have to check into them and document some as well because I'm sure a lot of those are really useful.

Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2008 23:27
They're not documented because they use non-GDK things, like the D3DXMATRIX thing. This isn't a good idea though. Even if it could confuse the less... experienced users, they should still be in an "Advanced" section of the documentation.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 09:28:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 09:28:21