Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Machinima Concept

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2008 22:51
Sorry about the recent disappointment of the supposed "HUD Competition." Anyway, to go with the project of Endangered City, I have decided the work on the huds myself! But might need some help...
Enough about that. To go with the project, I have decided to start working on a machinima cutscene project. To those who go "wha..?" Let me explain it:
"Machinima is a collection of associated production techniques whereby computer-generated imagery (CGI) is rendered using real-time, interactive 3-D engines instead of professional 3D animation software."
Basically that means "Making a 'movie' inside the chosen game engine."
My concept is simple. I make a test level, with no HUDs (HUDs ruin the concept) and set up scripts in order to set the scene. For example if the timer is greater than 5 seconds then kill a character. (supposed death from gunshot) That will require the 'killer' entity to execute an animation in which it lifts its weapon and fires. Direct me towards a scripting tutorial and i'll have hopefully a video example by the time I finish.

Until then, heres an image which demonstrates my idea:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pbcrazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2008 23:32
another option is to make it a multiplayer map, then have people come online to do the parts.

if you havent already done so, i suggest reading Nickydudes Community Guide. It has both several tut's on scripting, as well as how to do the multiplayer machinima.

Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2008 17:34
Multiplayer is really unreliable though. It barely works, and although I have followed the correct instructions, I still can't get mp to work. Thats why I need to script it instead.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 5th Nov 2008 20:20
well as you wish,you can do it by cuts,a character plays fire animation and you record it then pause and record the other character dying making it more realistic

Current FPSC Projects:
When Zombies Attack-10%
Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2008 21:26
Yeah, but i need to script the animations and dont know how to. I need some sort of scripting tutorial with an example script to explain i can make a character do something by animation

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 04:09 Edited at: 15th Jan 2009 04:15
I am making a puppet script for FPSC Machinima.

Feel free to use it for an example.
It is really basic right now because I just started it, so expect radical changes before it is finished.
I won't go into explaining it since I will be changing it often, but you can probably firgure a lot of it out on your own by studying it.
You'll need to modify the final version for your characters anyway, because I will end up using mostly custom animations.
It still might be good for a base script though.

Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 23:21
Could a moderator please lock this thread, ive caused too much trouble.

Making the challenge? More like kicking teh nass!
Seen Endangered City yet? It wont last long!
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 23:28

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 23:22:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 23:22:38