Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Attempt at an orchestra song

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2008 04:04 Edited at: 6th Nov 2008 04:07
Well, until late December/early January (when I get paid and can buy Vienna's Symphonic Library), I am stuck with EDIROL orchestral, so I thought why not do a little full orchestration. While this isn't exactly the full orchestra, it is a good bit for only six tracks to work with

This isn't exactly a full song, more like a test. It has a basic melody, and that is about it It is still set up like some songs that I have been composing recently (Piano start and lead)
I also didn't put the orchestra in any kind of a sequence. It is just there

Anyway, the orchestrated part starts about half-way through the song, so if you get the chance, give it a listen and criticize (or compliment lol) it.

Oh yeah, btw, it is supposed to have sort of a japanese-ish sound to it (well, at least that is what I made of it XD)

Thanks

http://Freewebs.com/noobisoft
Come to Noobisoft's website today!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2008 13:28
Well, the orchestration is pretty good, and I can buy the basso continuo on the piano, but you should really have given it some more chords.
For example, going down to an C after the D some time would have sounded good - then you can elaborate from there on

Pretty nice intro (it even seemed to have some expression changes; good work!) and decent reverb.

Now that you say it, I can sense a tad of the japanese touch, but when first listening I didn't hear it, by the way

-> Oh, come on...
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2008 21:29
lol thanks I'll attempt a full song next, but it will be for the theme pack

http://Freewebs.com/noobisoft
Come to Noobisoft's website today!
AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2008 19:15