Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / compatibility question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2008 04:25
anyone know what programs(advertised on tgc website) are fpsc compatible?
character shop and t.ed aren't
well, t.ed is but you must create ridiculously large terrain maps in t.ed in order for them to appear the proper size in fpsc
weird

anywho

i'm mostly interested in whether or not tree magik and/or blitz grass are compatible

don't really wanna be wasting my money

anyone know?

"There's more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking." - Derek Zoolander
eXone 42zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2008 07:36
ok scratch that
is blitz grass compatible with FPSC or will it produce really really really small meshes like t.ed does

someone please answer!

"There's more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking." - Derek Zoolander
Crav3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2008 08:35
Blitz grass uses to much poly's for starters, theres going to be a large drop in frame rate if you import some meshes, the best way would to model your own, by creating a simple plane then texture with grass and create an alpha map to get rid of the black.
eXone 42zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2008 08:45
eh? say that slower

the big part of my game that needs grass is an overgrown city area

i need fairly tall grass, a little above eye-level, and i need the player to be able to walk through it
it also might be nice if the grass swayed to and fro

another thing, i'm runnin 3.6GHz pIII with 2.5 MB ram + 512 MB video ram on a PCIe slot

it's frickin fast so i'm not too worried about frames per second right meow

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 17:29:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 17:29:10