Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Advice Please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2002 13:57
I am a newbie to DBPro ( and DB ) and am trying to learn to program with the language.
I have heard about the many bug's in DBPro and was wondering, do you think it would be easier for me to start learning in DB 1.13 and then cross over to DBPro when it becomes more stable or should I just stick with DBPro Patch 2?
Any advice greatly received

(p.s: I own both versions of DB but due to > I never programmed with V1.13)

Incandescant
System: Athlon TBird 800Mhz, 320MB RAM, GeForce 2MX440, DX8.1
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2002 17:27
Stick with DBPro would be the best, I think.

Yes, I really am THAT good...
Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2002 21:28
Well if i was you i'd experiment with db untill dbpro becomes alot more stable (ive heard that its VERY unstable and you can't do much with it, but i dont have it so im going on what ive heard). Once the db team bring out some good patches then start using dbpro

Also ive heard people saying that the standard db tutorials are better than the dbpro ones.

www.shockforge.com ShockForge Software
www.havochost.com Unlim bandwdith, unlim space, you.havochost.com, you.s8i.com, visit site for more details.
...::::ShockForge::::...
Stevil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2002 02:21
I'd stick with DB at first, much more stable and while your learning the basics you don't need any of the fancies that DBpro contains, this way your not going to get confused between syntax errors an bugs hope that helps

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:45:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:45:51