Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / lots of yummy questions (again) help‽

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok,

1) DGDK collision sucks (no sliding? I just stick when I collide even with the floor!), how would I use Sparky's collision since the demo that I need doesn't work. Or maybe suggest another collision library I could use please.

2) Shaders that require lighting (Gloss, bump, per pixel lighting, etc.) don't work even though I have a light added to my scene. The object just disappears??

3) How would I be able to cast shadows (stencil, maybe), would I need a lighting engine? I thought DarkGDK came with lighting? I don't want static shadows really.

4) Sphere mapping doesn't work when I apply it to my gun. Is it because I have locked it to my screen? If so, how would I make it follow the camera without locking it? Might this be the reason that shaders don't apply?

Sorry if it is a lot of questions, this is my 1st time seriously coding in C++ and my first 3d game, but I am getting to grips with C++ quite fast since I have coded PHP before for quite a long time.

Thanks a bunch.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 09:29:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 09:29:54