Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / mission objectives script

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2008 08:25
hi every1
I got this mission objectives script from the community guide, well it doesn't work, it supposed to display a hud when i press tab, first i don't know where to put it, second i tried putting it in trigger zone but still doesn't work

any1 knows how to get it to work?
TY
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Bibo4PC,

That script is called an 'FPI Script'. Put it in notepad and save it in the folder C:/Program Files/The Game Creators/FPS Creator/Files/scriptbank/

Save it as a .fpi file.

As for applying it, I'm not sure. I think you set that script as the main FPI script for the player start marker entity; either that, or as the triggerzone's main script.

Good luck,

Tom

Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 12:53
You need to save this script in the scriptbank folder, and then set this as the main script for a triggerzone. That's what I am doing in my current game, and it does work beautifully.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
...Wow. I already answered it. >/

Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 15:17
Quote: "...Wow. I already answered it. >/"

Wow, no need to have an attitude. Not to mention that you stated:

Quote: "As for applying it, I'm not sure. I think you set that script as the main FPI script for the player start marker entity; either that, or as the triggerzone's main script."

Excuse me for clarifying seeing as you didn't know.
Bibo4PC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 16:46
ty it worked when added to a trigger zone, but i just didn't know if it'll activate if i'm not in it but it did
TY ALL
Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2008 07:14
I would also like to "follow up" on this.

Say you have an objective, Destroy the computer before you win, and find 3 hardrives, how do i make it that when you have done them, you can win the game? And you can't win it without doing them

~/BennyBoy\~
Bibo4PC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2008 13:37
well u can do it like that, put the computer in a locked area with a door

put each hard drive in a trigger zone, since u can't pick it up just display a message "hardware one found" and name any variable and add value of 1 to it, same for other 3
when the variable reaches 3 the locked door opens, and put the win script in the computer's destroy

am just a beginner n thats how i would do it
Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2008 13:48
Actually, with the hard drives, you can edit them (right click) and set the property IsObjective to Yes. Then the game takes care of whether or not you have them in your inventory to win or not.
Bibo4PC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2008 18:27
Quote: "Actually, with the hard drives, you can edit them (right click) and set the property IsObjective to Yes. Then the game takes care of whether or not you have them in your inventory to win or not"

can u explain this in a little detail plz?
TY
Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2008 19:13
Sure can. There is a property in an entity called IsObjective. This property tells the game engine whether or not the item is required to be used/in the player's inventory in order to win the game/level. The default setting for this is No (or 0, if you prefer). Setting this to Yes (or 1) tells the game engine that the player must have this item in order to win the game.

Now, I could be off on this, so if anyone out there sees any errors in my logic here please let me know.
Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 02:00 Edited at: 19th Nov 2008 02:01
Quote: "Actually, with the hard drives, you can edit them (right click) and set the property IsObjective to Yes. Then the game takes care of whether or not you have them in your inventory to win or not. "

So, that actually works? I never did it, because I tried when i had the free version and it didnt work. Anyway, Thanks, all sorted now

EDIT: What about to destroy an item, because as i see, you have to have the item in your inventory with IsObjective=1, so does it work the same way if it is destroyed, or will i have to make a script for it?

~/BennyBoy\~

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 17:25:41
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 17:25:41