Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Fade Characters

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 00:48
I was just wondering is it possible to have a character that fades out until you can't see the character
Cool Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
i just know that you can set the transparency in the entity settings in the map editor
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 11:43
Through scripting you can use the following commands to set the alpha on an entity:

setalphafade
incalphafade
decalphafade

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
What Plystire said. By changing the alpha settings of an entity, you can make it appear more transparent, or less transparent, giving the impression of the entity/character fading. Read the part of the FPSC manual of FPI scripting, it explains most of the commands, including the alpha ones.

This way, you can set certain conditions/pre-requisites for a certain amount of character fade. For example, if the condition is plrdist > 60 then the action would be to make the character less transparent/more visible. And if plrdist <30 then you can set the action to change the alphafade to make the character entity more transparent/less visible.

Those are just examples, of course, I'm not saying that you HAVE to stick with using conditions to determine how close the player is. Either way, good luck. Hopefully this helped explain things a bit better.

Tom

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 17:30:21
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 17:30:21