Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Particle system

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

I'm trying to use the particle system from DarkGDK with sprites, e.g. i want to change the explosions in the Dark Invaders tutorial, but I cannot make it work. Does the particle system work with 2D sprites? Any pointers would be appreciated.
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 11:50
I'm afraid that all DGDK in-built particles are 3d objects. I think that doesn't stop them from being used.
SushiBox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 18:17
If you need to create 2D particles, then why even bother with the particle system? You can easily make a little cube in MS Paint and code them to appear on screen. You could even code an emitter class and all that jazz. I am going to do one for my game here soon anyway, if you don't figure it out by then, ill release it.

www.Helios-Online.net
celavek
Years of Service
User Offline
How would i do that? Coding a particle emitter class i mean. You don't have to provide the code (not yet anyway), just some ideas on how to start designing such a class.
Do you know of any tutorials or books that could point me in the right direction? I'm pretty new to all the Dark GDK stuff.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 11:35:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 11:35:27