Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Tremagik G3 --> trees to fpsc

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey,

i hav creted some trees but does anywone know how to get them in fpsc. I have exported them to X.

IV
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Because whn i copy the .X it wont appear in my directory so what should i copy where then? Because i really need those trees!

IV
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 17:40
You need more then just a .x file.. You need a .fpe, a texture, and a .bmp for the thumbnail...

rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
How can you create them? Because i read somewere that you can create a tree with that program and use it in fpsc right?

IV
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 18:12
http://www.fpscreator.com/downloads.html - download the fpsc entity maker that will do it for you.

Keep-me-laughing.com Rocks!!! Lets all go to codeshare.co.nr!!
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
I already have him but he doesn' t raconize the .x file...

IV
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 21:43 Edited at: 17th Nov 2008 03:23
Quote: "You need more then just a .x file.. You need a .fpe, a texture, and a .bmp for the thumbnail..."

Right, and you need to name the files right too.
I used a different model that I made with a modeling program. (GameSpace Light I think)
Then simply mapped it so that the single texture was shown on all sides.
The model was + shaped from a top view, so it had only 16 triangles. (4 for each side)
I was thinking of making a utility for creating ready made trees/bushes based on a 6 winged star intead of a four winged one.
That would give it a bushier look.

I was told by some that TreeMagik trees were not good enough quality for FPSC, but I think they are.

If I were to make a utlity for making trees/bushes, then it will be based on a six sided model using a single texture.
The user could use any program they like to create their tree/bush image. (including but not limited to TreeMagik)
The size of the tree/bush and type would also be supplied by the user via the interface.
The utility would then generate the necessary files to import the entity into FPSC.
However, I haven't the time now to do it, so maybe someone else will beat me to it.

All of your trees and bushes can use the same X file!
So, you only need to get a single base model to work.
The utility would only need to create that file once on installation.
Then each newly created tree's/bush's FPE file would point to the same X file for the model.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Attachments

Login to view attachments
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Oef! That sounds compicated but i will try... i hope i can figure this out...

IV
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Here' s the link for the tree: http://files.filefront.com/tree+oldrar/;12381968;/fileinfo.html

I' m still having problems with them. I have 2 text documents, the tree and a texture and ir can' t figure out how to get him in X9. I' m planning to create a open city game with fpsc and for that i need trees....

IV

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 17:26:32
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 17:26:32