Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / GDK and RakNet

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 21:25
Hello all,

As I was trying to recreate a Client/Server from the DBPro Codebase, I found that DGDK only supports Serial Connection and Modem Connection from DirectPlay.

So, I grabbed RakNet and built a little appy thing with DGDK built within. It's not completely finished, but I have college work to do all this week and want to give people the opportunity to go nuts with it. I built it in to a class, so hopefully it might come in handy.

Instructions:

dbServer.h

dbServer.cpp

main.cpp

You can tell its working btw if you start 2 instances of it on a single local machine. This works through TCP/IP so you could do it by IP, whatever.

To come:
Proper RPC support - I just haven't gotten time to do this, might be able to Thursday night/Friday morning, but then again maybe not. This is how you would send info from client to server, the client calls a function on the server itself.

Voice Support - Easy Peasy to do, next weekend.

SQL Hookup - A few weeks time. The ability for the server to check in to MySQL, MSSQL, PostSQL databases and read information.

Admin stuff - user banning, muting, kicking, etc.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Todd Riggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 23:44
I never went head deep into networking yet, but I've always wanted to figure out RakNet and use it with the GDK and/or DBPro( would make an awsome tgc plugin! ). I know one area I was after with RakNet was the secure login stuff. Anyways, I'll definetly keep an eye on your progress! Thanks for sharing

Inspirational Music: Descent ][ Redbook Audio CD Soundtrack
SunDawg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 00:23
I'd be very impressed to see VoIP. That'd make for some awesome online games.

My site, for various stuff that I make.
SushiBox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 02:41
VoIP is right in the RakNet library. SwordsMan, please email me at Crank@SylereanOnline.com, I have a job for you that you may be interested in with RakNet and DarkGDK.

I am not sure if you are familiar with my WIP MMORPG, check it out at www.SylereanOnline.com or in the WIP section here on TGC.

www.Helios-Online.net
Swordsman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 05:04
Sorry SushiBox, I really can't take on any projects at the time been. I'm a last year degree student conducting massive studies/building massive programs and work with DGDK in the miniscule amount of spare time I have. If you post on here though with any problems, I promise I will help you as much as I humanly can, that way everybody gets to share in the information and I don't have to take on another project. Everybody wins.

Nothing personal matey

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 11:21:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 11:21:46