Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Directx (aaaarrrrrrrgh!!)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 12:19 Edited at: 17th Nov 2008 12:32
Hello.
I've tried everything else, so thought if I could ask a question about "silly directx upgrading, maybe someone else is going or has gone through the same thing.

I've upgraded FPSC to the latest version 1.13, but it appears that the version of directx that is installed in my machine(9.0c) is not updated enough to run the FPSC software. I tried downloading the latest directx from Microsoft, and various locations around the web, only to find that the directx software doesn't work properly. My machine has a fresh restore, so I'm trying hard to update directx.

I ran the dxdiag tool, and this thing is saying that I have directx 9.0c already! So, why won't the latest update of FPSC work then?

Does anyone know of an "actual" directx link on the web that actually works, or what one to use so I can get directx updated?

Thanks for all your help, but Im not having any fun, so I apalogise for sounding very irritated.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2008 01:01 Edited at: 18th Nov 2008 01:08
I know it sounds silly, but restart your comp and if that doesn't work make sure your direct 9.0cx is (if I'm not mistaken) after the October release. I did have the same problem ages ago and as it turns out I had the wrong dx9. Here is the latest download-
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/DirectX-9.0c-Redistributable.shtml
MrGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2008 20:08
I had the same problem as:Ash Grinder, and i did the update for dirctx, but FPS Creator is stil saying that i do not have installed the latest version of directX. Is there someone that nows what to do?

I don't live for games I live IN games

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 17:27:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 17:27:14