Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / NGXmusical 5 New tracks and The request of Rudolpho:To Zanarkand duo with NGXmusical Strings

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 03:23 Edited at: 19th Aug 2010 07:07
uytut
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 23:21
With risk of repeating myself; great soundscapes.

♦ Crowling From The Dead: yes, your scenario description would be rather fitting, akthough I personally find it to be a rather long climb in such an event
Anyways, massive introduction and "upbeat" (I'm not sure if that's the proper term, but you know, climbing towards a climax) but then I sort of feel that it didn't come to that epic point where the battle was to commence. Maybe you just saved that for another track though, and that's all fine, but in such an event it was kind of long, as said. Mighty sound though, as always, and over all good composition, just could have used a bit more variation.
Oh, and you really like those choir shouts, don't you?

♦ The Coming Ice Age: This was a pretty cool tune; I liked that ethnic wind in the beginning... but now I'll have to say the direct opposite of what I told you about the previous song - this on'es way to short in my opinion! (And through that, it again feels just like an intro that didn't lead anywhere).
I think you maybe should consider building further on this one; it could come out really nice.

♦ The Forgiveness: Heh, when I read that title, I expected some subtle, maybe sorrowful orchestral piece, not avant garde horror.
That said, I kind of like it, even though there's hardly any "music" at all to the "intro". When it come about to the melodic part, that one was nice and with a mysterious touch (nice reverb, by the way). But that second voice actually made me laugh... sounded like some kind of advertisement in the middle of everything
The voices at the final part (beginning aroun 3:00) was nice and fitting, but the ones before that I don't really know about. Sure, they didn't "not fit", but I just thought they sounded kind of odd, with attonations and all.
But over all, this was a really different song, and I really enjoyed it; great work

♦ Welcome to the Game: Well, what can I say... it had some good parts and nice sounds, but pretty much lacked melody on the whole.
Not bad though - I especially liked the arabic styled harmonized arpeggio at ~0:56. Retro feel.

♦ Move it: Haha, yes, could work as a cellphone signal.
Not to bad... techno isn't really my thing, so I can't say too much about it though.

♦ To Zanarkand: Well, the intro was really nice, but then I experienced that the strings seemed to have a bit of a too long attack envelope, so that they slurred into each other a bit too much and at times almost sounded like they begun a bit later than they should. I don't know if that might be the reason for it, but at places the strings almost seemed to be out of tune with the piano as well.
But I shan't complain, it must've been hard to add to my playing, which admittedly wasn't very synchronized to a certain tempo.
Thanks for giving it your time and work, and over all a nice outcome, apart from what I listed (it is possible that I analyze this a bit too deep, seeing as I was involved on a corner too, so don't pay too much attention to my critics )

By the way, I've recorded another Final Fantasy tune; maybe you'd like to give that one a go as well?

-> Oh, come on...
NGXmusical
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2008 02:11 Edited at: 19th Aug 2010 07:07
ytut

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 01:56:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 01:56:17