Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Will someone please help?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys Im a total newbie and I really want to know how to actually put the scripts in game its no problem me writing them its just where do they go??

Im also willing to pay for private lessons
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 09:46
There's no need for private lessons. Probbably all the answers you need are in the manual. Not the one that has very few basic pages, the .PDF file that is located in C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Docs.
Another great source of information is The Official Community guide located here
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=131868&b=21
The short answer is you click on what you want to apply the script to and then there are spots to set it, but that depends on what the script does. Read these two valuable sources and and it will help you familiarize yourself with the setup, how and where to apply scripts.

Don't just say No it can't be done. Think outside the box.
MONEY TAKEA
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I've tried looking at both but it only tells you how to actually script it. I have no problem with that but Im just confused on where to apply it to. Like for example a flashlight mod, where in the heck is that suppose to go? Its just all confusing.
Programador hispano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 20:09
If you make a new script you can put it here.

...........(o o)........
--oooO--(_)--Oooo---

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 20:27
Quote: "Well I've tried looking at both but it only tells you how to actually script it. I have no problem with that but Im just confused on where to apply it to. Like for example a flashlight mod, where in the heck is that suppose to go? Its just all confusing. "

I get it - you're confused about where to place the scripts, not about how to write them. Well, the answer is a little more complicated than what I'm about to say, but this is the basics:

1. Some scripts (well, most) will be placed on an entity. You need to hover over the entity and then right-click. In the screen that pops up, on the left side, there are 3 properties for scripts - appear, main, disappear. Your script will normally go into main, but can go under any of the three. Some times, you may have custom scripts for all three of them.

2. Some scripts are placed in zones - sound, hurt, heal, trigger, win. The zones only have a section for main (like entities above). And depending on the effect you are trying to generate, you may have scripts that run all the time, or only when certain things happen. For example, if you want to be able to press the M key to show a map, you'd write a custom script to do that and then place that script in a trigger zone. That way, no matter where the player is, the map can appear (and not just when the player is in the trigger zone).

3. Global scripts are attached to the player, and to the game itself. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES MESS WITH THESE SCRIPTS. Leave them alone. The only thing you should do when messing with these scripts is to change the ambient lighting, the huds, and/or skybox. That is in my opinion, of course, but if you mess with these scripts you are on your own.

Now, it may be helpful to us if you tell us what effect you want to produce, and we can give you ideas on where to place the scripts. Does this all make sense?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 20:33
Quote: "appear, main, disappear"

I think in the properties, they're labelled "Start", "Main", and "Destroy".

Just to prevent any possible confusion.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
MONEY TAKEA
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks alot that clears alot up and basically im trying a flashlight for weapons mod, once i get the concept of that I can basically go on from there, i think.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 19:20:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 19:20:09