Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Issues getting Dark Physics to work with GDK please help.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 03:36 Edited at: 25th Nov 2008 04:13
HI Guys,

I'm not exactly new, just very inactive and could really use some help getting this to work. I run two operating systems and having two completely different problems getting the GDK and Dark Physics to work.

The first problem is in windows xp, whenever I run a dark physics example in the gdk using any examples I keep getting the same error.

Unhandled memory exception.

The second problem is on the Vista operating system. I installed visual c++ express 2008 and now recieve the following error.

fatal error C1047: The object or library file 'Crogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark GDKLibVS9DarkPhysics.lib' was created with an older compiler than other objects; rebuild old objects and libraries
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1257: code generation failed

so I cleaned the solution and now run into.

Cannot open include file: '.......Dark Basic Pro SDKSharedDBOFormatdbodata.h': No such file or directory

I went into the folder and changed the location in the H and fixed it. I still recieve the error from above on the old compilier.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled everything except the upgrade to the gdk, and still recieve the fatal link error.

Hopefully someone can help, as I need to convert my dbpro to gdk for a job interview portfolio. Thank you.
Hayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2008 20:04
You missed a file with ur include, or included wrong folder.

Double check your include "Lib" and "Include"

The Real Abaddon
Years of Service
User Offline
open the file DarkSDKBasic3D.h and modify the line
#include <...Dark Basic Pro SDK/Shared/DBOFormat/dbodata.h>
with this one
#include <DBO Format/dbodata.h>

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 11:34:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 11:34:22