Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Question about positioning objects.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello all.

I'm trying to place a ventilator duck, But i'm stuck with something;
Where i placed it, I need the ventilator passage thing to be a little higher in order to get inside easier, I tried to Put it in the layer above, but it's too high then while if i try to leave there and try to fix it the best i can, It will look bad.

So yeah, is there a way to move the objects (Segments) Up and down without placing them in layers (Cos then they will be too high then)?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 19:59
Yes, make your own vent segments.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
MONEY TAKEA
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Yes, make your own vent segments."

Either that, or you can simply choose an entity about which happens to be about the same height you want your vent to be. Then, you can just simply press enter which will automatically place the object on top of the entity you can then position,finish making your vents, and then delete the entities you used to elevate the vents.

I made of made it sound more complicated than what it really is..but hey if you read it you can still get the basic idea of what to do.
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
You cant do that with segments MONEY TAKEA.

The v2 migration will be SWEET!
Our little FPSC is finally growing up.
veltro
User Banned
Posted: 28th Nov 2008 07:01
The only way is to build your own ventilation duck segment, so you can size and position it at your needs.
Example: a layer is 100 high, you can have your segment high 75 and position at 25 height. To refine the look you can also create a little ramp 25 high to mask the step

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 19:19:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 19:19:15