Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How to turn DarkLights off?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Plystire said there is a way to turn DarkLights off..does anyone know how to do this?

Quote: "I believe there is an option you can set in the setup.ini file that will force FPSC to use legacy lightmapping instead of using darklights."

The reason I want to do this is because the computer I am using is slow and old, and v 1 of FPSC doesn't work when using the model packs, and I would rather use the older lightmapping.

blink 182 is awesome
Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2008 10:21
The older lightmapping is slower than DarkLights. I remember waiting half an hour to load a small level with the old lighting system. If your system is slow, you can open the setup.ini and change the lightmapquality to something lower, and the texture size to something smaller (512 or 256).

You said the lightmapping of V1 is slow. If you're using FPSC installed from the box without the updates, you're using the old lighting system. Upgrades are availble on the fpscreator.com website.

Best,
Paul

misfit
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You said the lightmapping of V1 is slow. If you're using FPSC installed from the box without the updates, you're using the old lighting system. Upgrades are availble on the fpscreator.com website."

I was using V1 from the box, but it would crash when using model packs, so I updated to v1.4. I'm just guessing DarkLights takes longer to process because it has to calculate each object it effects. The older lightmapper didn't have shadows or have to calculate each object it effects. Thanks for your help, I have lowered the lightmapquality and lightmaptex (just testing).

blink 182 is awesome
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2008 16:53
I think darklights got put in with 1.07

misfit
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm. Neither of them seemed to work. I'll just have to make the level sizes smaller. Thanks for your help.

blink 182 is awesome

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 19:20:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 19:20:08