Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbPlaySprite help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2008 12:37 Edited at: 29th Nov 2008 00:33
Firstly let me explain that i am new to this, i do know c++ quite well and have written a number of business applications on wx-Dev however i am new to game development and also MS VSE++.

Also not trying to brown nose but dark gdk is so good and from following the tutorials that came with the program i can see how great it is already!

Now on to the question.

Basically what i was wondering is in my Player class i would like to play an attack sprite animation which is frames 4 - 6 on my sheet (the game i'm making is only basic just starting out) anyway i'm under the impression that in order to use dbPlaySpite it must be called the amount of times it needs in a loop, but i'm not sure of the best way to do this

i.e would

Just wondering what the best way is to do it then when i know that i can do that for the baddies as well.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: I've seen alot of examples where people play the animations in the main.cpp while loop, i didn't like the idea of that as i wanted to have what the player was going to do in the player class and what the bosses or bad guys where going to do in their class.

I'm brand new to games programming though so any help would be great!

EDIT: Is there a function that plays the animation once, or like i said before is there a set way of doing things in d-gdk.
Brandon Heat
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm a fool i realize how to do it now... So sorry to made such a noobish mistake.

If any is having the problem as in a first user you just loop while not at end keyframe.

I can't believe i didn't think of that.

Feel free to delete this topic.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 11:20:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 11:20:17