Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Need help Splash Screen.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm confused on how this is ment to work.

Say i have a splash screen or start screen that i want displayed untill some one hits enter, can anyone explain a good way of doing this? Its seems so easy but i just don't get it yet.

I was hoping that this code would work.

I just need help on it.

Also if anyone could give any examples of how to load new levels and that i would really appreciate it.

Again i'm just learning and i'm sorry to be asking all these questions.
SunDawg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2008 15:46 Edited at: 29th Nov 2008 15:47
I think you're a little confused about the idea of bitmaps. What you want to deal with is images. A bitmap is a draw surface in DirectX. Bitmap 0 is reserved for the screen, and you can draw anything you want to bitmaps 1 to 32. For your splash screen, it looks like you want to load an image and paste it to the screen.

My site, for various stuff that I make.
Brandon Heat
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks i was getting confused before, thats alot better way of doing it. Man i hate being a noob. Thanks again though everytime a learn something in here its one more step to learning dark GDK and being good at it thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 11:34:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 11:34:14