Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / addin my textures to my level?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2008 09:40
I apologize that my second post is another question, but I've done a lot of searching and testing on my own behalf and still can't find the answer of how to actually EDIT the segments in FPS Creator such as the walls, floors, and ceilings so I can add my textures to them.

I know how to make texures and the correct format they have to be in (TGA)...and I've put them into my FPS creator>files>texturebank>user folder, but I can't figure out how to open the individual wall segment PROPERTIES to actually put those TGA textures onto them (made in GIMP). I hope someone can help me on this. It seems I can find "how tos" on the more complicated aspects of what I need to know, but the most basic parts, in this case; how to edit the wall properties/etc to actually ADD my textures to them...isn't anywhere to be found in the searches O_o Very strange.

-Kravenwolf
gmr1923
Years of Service
User Offline
open up files/segments/scifi/rooms.click on the file that says .fps and unless you have an editor change the filename to .txt (for example:control room full.fps, change it to:control room full.txt)
click on it and find where it says:
texture0 = texturebank\scifi\floors\metal\f_c_01_d2.tga
textured0 = texturebank\scifi\floors\metal\f_c_01_D2.tga
texturen0 = texturebank\scifi\floors\metal\f_c_01_D2.tga
textures0 = texturebank\scifi\floors\metal\f_c_01_D2.tga
and change the: scifi/floors/metal/f_c_01_D2.tga part,

texture1 = texturebank\scifi\walls\metal\w_e_all_01_d2.tga
textured1 = texturebank\scifi\walls\metal\w_e_all_01_D2.tga
texturen1 = texturebank\scifi\walls\metal\w_e_all_01_D2.tga
textures1 = texturebank\scifi\walls\metal\w_e_all_01_D2.tga
do the same with your walls.

bmr1923

aaron heithus
James Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 04:09
Thanks! I opened it up, and changed the textures to mine and they work great. I assume for myself the same process is done to subsititute my own ceiling and floors as well, I'll work on that tonight. Another question I had was is there any way to make my own room segment with my own textures and add it to the library? Instead of overwriting the defalt segments that I may need later?

-Kravenwolf
gmr1923
Years of Service
User Offline
yesthere is a way. first if you dont allready have it download the segment editor from:
http://www.fpscreator.com/downloads.html then read the guide on it. and it should tell you how to add textures to it (or change them) and edit the structure for it. i do not know compleatly because i do not have it and do not plan on getting it for a while or at least until i get enough space. if it doesnt work you might have to ask someone else.

gmr1923

aaron heithus
James Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 02:11
Thanks again, I'll probably mess around with it tonight. The way I managed to copy them last night without this was to duplicate the segment, and then save it as a new name, and then change the textures in that script. Hopefully, this new download will be a little faster.

-Kravenwolf

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 19:27:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 19:27:09