Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / License and other questions (New to darkGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm thinking about going from DBPro to darkGDK, but i have a few questions.

First of all, theres some questions i have with the license fir visual c++:
Quote: "For example, Microsoft has technically limited or disabled extensibility for the software, and so you may not extend the software by, among other things, loading or injecting into the software any non-Microsoft add-ins, macros, or packages; modifying the software registry settings; or adding features or functionality equivalent to that found in other Visual Studio products."

Does this mean that plug-ins like Newton physics and sparky's collision can't be used now?

Quote: "You also may not
• use the software for commercial software hosting services."

So i can't make an online commercial server for products and/or games?

Does darkGDK not count as visual c++, and/or does the GDK license bypass this one? Or do you have to purchase the commercial license to get these rights?

Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 05:32
Quote: "Does this mean that plug-ins like Newton physics and sparky's collision can't be used now?"

I think it means you can't do anything to Visual Studio to change its functionality. What you compile and release with it would depend on the separate licenses of the libraries involved.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 11:38:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 11:38:18