Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Multiplayer.lib Issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was working with the Dark Invaders tutorial project, and I found that I could not compile the project. I used to get a lot more errors until I followed the advice in : http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=140640&b=22

Any help? They all seem to be multiplayer.lib related problems. I do not think that it is an x64 problem because I used to be able to compile the Dark Invaders project. I was playing around with DarkGDK and I compiled the Dark Invaders project once before. Then I went to work on a project in Code::Blocks IDE. When I went back to learn about DarkGDK Dark Invaders could no longer compile. I did not change anything to my system, or modified any Code::Blocks IDE configurations.

Cheers,

1>------ Build started: Project: Dark Invaders, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Linking...
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPSPGUID_TCPIP referenced in function \\\"public: int __thiscall CNetwork::SetNetConnections(int)\\\" (?SetNetConnections@CNetwork@@QAEHH@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPSPGUID_IPX referenced in function \\\"public: int __thiscall CNetwork::SetNetConnections(int)\\\" (?SetNetConnections@CNetwork@@QAEHH@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CLSID_DirectPlay referenced in function \\\"private: static int __stdcall CNetwork::StaticGetConnection(struct _GUID const *,void *,unsigned long,struct DPNAME const *,unsigned long,void *)\\\" (?StaticGetConnection@CNetwork@@CGHPBU_GUID@@PAXKPBUDPNAME@@K1@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectPlay4A referenced in function \\\"private: static int __stdcall CNetwork::StaticGetConnection(struct _GUID const *,void *,unsigned long,struct DPNAME const *,unsigned long,void *)\\\" (?StaticGetConnection@CNetwork@@CGHPBU_GUID@@PAXKPBUDPNAME@@K1@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPAID_ComPort referenced in function \\\"public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)\\\" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPSPGUID_SERIAL referenced in function \\\"public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)\\\" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPAID_Phone referenced in function \\\"public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)\\\" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPSPGUID_MODEM referenced in function \\\"public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)\\\" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPAID_INet referenced in function \\\"public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)\\\" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPAID_ServiceProvider referenced in function \\\"public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)\\\" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectPlayLobby2A referenced in function \\\"public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)\\\" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>C:\\\\Program Files (x86)\\\\The Game Creators\\\\Dark GDK\\\\Tutorials\\\\Dark Invaders\\\\Debug\\\\Dark Invaders.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 11 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at \\\"file://c:\\\\Program Files (x86)\\\\The Game Creators\\\\Dark GDK\\\\Tutorials\\\\Dark Invaders\\\\Dark Invaders\\\\Debug\\\\BuildLog.htm\\\"
1>Dark Invaders - 12 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
JackWg
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, with a little experimenting, I found out that it was due to the installation of another DirectX SDK I was using for the another project. So if any of you others have this problem, it might be because you have another SDK installed that isn't the August 2007 9.0c version.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 11:40:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 11:40:12