Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Speed of DGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2008 05:01
Hey all!

I am impressed with the ease of use that DGDK provides. Besides the fact that it is not OOP(Gargh! Anger!), it is a very nice engine.

However, I am curious as to the speed of program execution relative to some other alternative rendering Engines. For instance, two other popular choices;
-OGRE
-Irrlicht

While OGRE is not a game Engine, it is still fairly easy to use and, from what I've seen, very efficient.

How does DGDK rate on system efficiency? I have little experience with either Irrlicht or OGRE, or any other competitors at this point, so I am curious.

Thanks!
Bishop

Tux is my guildmaster.
G Fox
Years of Service
User Offline
I am still learning DGDK my self. Use to use DB. That was fun but not really worth my time.
I did a test for the speed if DGDK. I placed 100x100 cubes on the screen and with a keyboard button I got them all 100,000 of them to to rotate all at the same time. Was rather smooth for 100,000 cubes. Making them all took some time though. To much time. After crating them all, animating them went well. Would likely work better if programed in C++. That is so fast! o.O I can't get anything working in C++ however. This is why I am trying DGDK. Note, The dot command is so slow. Never use it.

Oh look, maybe that will work.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 11:30:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 11:30:18