Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / A Few Questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there! New to Dark GDK and have a few questions.

1. When I make a program using Dark GDK and compile it in MCVC++, the program runs fine, but when I navigate to the folder where the exe is made and run it, I just get a window with a black screen. Any idea why?

2. Are there any tutorials (like online documentation) FOR Dark GDK other than the few tutorials? So, like some sort of site with a bunch of tutorials that teaches you specific things for Dark GDK (think www.tutorialized.com).

Thanks for any help/replies! It's most appreciated!
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2008 23:12
Does your program load any media from a relative path of your EXE. It's possible that when you run the program in Visual Studio, your working directory may be different to when you run it outside of the Editor, and so your code isn't able to find the media files that would normally make it work?

Paul.

mikeMarek
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you! That was my problem

I used SetCurrentDirectory() to get access to my files, and it was not located in the same folder as the exe.

Cheers!
-Mike

P.S. I also have another question:
Does anyone know where I can get the keycodes used for dbKeyState()? Such as 30 = a, 31 = s, 32 = d, etc?
AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
sydbod
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2008 00:04
Or you can just make yourself a "KeyCode.h" file with the following contents.
mikeMarek
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the picture!

BTW sydbod, that's what I've been doing I found out that tilde (`~) is 1, so I counted down from there
jezza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2008 20:07
For #2 in your first post, we tried to make a wiki for DarkGDK,
DarkGDK.wikia.com
but it's sort of died, although here should be a couple of tutorials on there if you look

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 11:40:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 11:40:25