Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Miniture Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Will Dark Basic Pro® have complete support for newbies who know nothing about programming period. I have DB original but I never use it because I can't program. Before I go Pro I want to be sure I can use it.
Hey, Were all just Giant Midgets.
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2002 00:06
I think DBPro will take about the same to learn as DB. After all most of the commands and methods are the same there's just a lot more in DBPro. I think it's the ideal language for newbies but if you never use DB because you can't program then buying DBPro might be a waste. But you should try to get used to DB first and do some simple stuff. Start trying to make a simple game or disect the tutorials and see how they work. Then when you have a grasp of the basics and are confident you can make use of DBPros extra features you should probably go for it.
Dbgamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Can you recommend any useful tutorials? One that is simple enough to understand?

Hey, Were all just Giant Midgets.
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2002 02:08
I think he means go through all of the tutorials on the original DB CD. If I remember rightly there's a learning option in the help menu which takes you through all the tutorials in turn. Not 100% sure about that though.

Best thing is to load up every tutorial on the db CD, one by one, run it, see what it does then look at the code and try and figure out what is doing what.

If you really have no clue how to program AT ALL then you're best bet is to probably go to a search engine on the net and search for help and tutorials on basic coding. DBs help files and tutorials are quite informative, but they do require that you have a very basic understand of coding.

Machine: P4 2200, 512MB, GeForce4 64MB, Audigy Platinum

There's a junglist inside every coder. http://www.kontact-kru.com for my own personal breakbeat terrorism.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:51:48
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:51:48