Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Need help with using Dark GDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello People. This is my first post in this forum.

I have a problem with using Dark GDK. I have Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition installed on my PC. Now, I own the setup files for DirectX SDK November 2008. If I install Dark GDK, it asks me for version August 2007 of DirectX SDK. I tried if it would work with November 2008 DirectX - apparently it did not.
First it asked for the dplayx.lib file, which I downloaded separately and placed in the library directory. Then it had some issues with the Multiplayer.lib file, and I rem'ed out the lines including it. And now, it has some error where in it cannot use the "int" term in "winnt.h" include file(found in Microsoft SDK folder)

I completelyuninstalled Dark GDK and the DirectX SDK right now, and I am looking for some guidance on how to use it.

Thanks in Advance.

-
Friendship is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 15:40
To solve any issues with DirectX I would recommend installing the older SDK from August 2007. That will sort any linker problems.
III karthik III
Years of Service
User Offline
I presume I have no other choice? Since I've almost hit the limit I can download per month...downloading all this Visual Studio stuff...

-
Friendship is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 11:36:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 11:36:45