Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK.NET advanced shader example not working C#.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 18:33 Edited at: 5th Dec 2008 20:15
when i ran the advanced shader exe file previded. all i got was a blank scene inside a windows app frame. so i tried compiling the tutorial solution file for that example. i got the same results.

i'm runing vista home premium 64bit OS. using a BFG GTX8800 OC2 card with latest drivers. i complied the solution file with Visual c# express 2008 in a x86 mode.

also closing or escaping out of any of the turtorial examples causes said exe to prompt a vista looking for a solution to them crashing.

[MODEDIT] Moved large text entry into attached file

Attachments

Login to view attachments
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 20:17
I'm not quite sure why this is happening. The Advanced Shader example does work, but it maybe to do with your configuration under Windows Vista.

Myself and a few others may need to do further examinations on Vista systems to see if these problems can be resolved.

I'm sorry that you're having difficulties though, can you let me know if you're having problems with other samples?

Paul.

enablerbr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 20:34 Edited at: 6th Dec 2008 04:21
the other samples including the beginner shader work fine apart from causing a crash error on closing. i just tried the advanced shader exe for the VB.NET. that also does the same thing as the C# version on my setup.

Edit: any chance of a DBPro version of the advanced shader example. so i can rule out driver issues/conflicts.
Jimmy 9Toes
Years of Service
User Offline
Having problems right out of the box...

When I create a new project and run it. It appears to work. But it's not reading the mouse movement. AND when I close the window I get an InvalidOperationException.

The message says:
Cross-thread operation not valid: Control 'ctlDartGDKViewport1' accessed from a thread other than the thread it was created on.

This isn't good guys.

I'm running Windows XP professional on my Pentium IV comptuer with 2 GB of ram. Using an NVidea GeForce 7300 GS graphics card as my primary display driver, and a RADEON 9250 as my secondary driver. I have a dual monitor set up. The main monitor is connected to the NVidea card, and the second is connected to the RADEON video card.

Yes THEE Jimmy9Toes
Jimmy 9Toes
Years of Service
User Offline
Found the problem.

I had to set the "Embeded" property for the ctlDarkGDKViewport1 control to false. Of course this makes the control pop out of the form. But at least it works. The project I'm working on is full screen anyway.

-j9t

Yes THEE Jimmy9Toes
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2008 11:05
enablerbr,
Not sure if this is the problem as it may have been fixed and I've not been able to try the final version yet, but when I was testing this on a 64bit Vista machine earlier, I could get none of the examples to work. I found the reason for this was that the DGDK library is 32 bit, but the examples had the target processor set to "Any Processor", so when it was run on a 64 bit machine, the .NET part was 64 bit.

I modified this setting in the compile properties to "X86" i.e. 32 bit processor, recompiled and everything worked as expected.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
enablerbr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2008 12:33
i compiled as x86 because i knew it would be 32bit. as said only the advanced shader example didn't work. the rest were just fine. i'm wondering if it's a nvidia driver issue maybe.
CPPP
Years of Service
User Offline
Yup, I've got Dark GDK and Vista 64 (and nvidia drivers).
The advanced shader tutorial doesn't work!
Although this is the c++ version of DArk GDK it seems like it is a common problem for all language platforms.
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2008 15:35 Edited at: 8th Dec 2008 15:48
I've just tried it on my Vista 64bit machine and got the attached result. (I.e. Working)

I have upgraded to the latest direct x. The card on this machine is an ATI FireGL V3350.

Jas
(apologies, added the wrong pic, right one now attached)

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2008 17:03
jasuk70,

Glad to see you've got it working.

Paul.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 11:20:24