Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / SNES ( Donkey Kong Country ) type Song I made.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is the first old-school type of song I've made. I've always loved music from video games.
My real question is, do any game creators out there still have a need for older sounding game music? (ex: SNES ,N64, )

I feel too much music these days is all orchestra type music which isn't really a bad thing but I miss the good old days so I thought I would give it a shot.
I still think I need to add another synth part and possibly another background percussion.
I found a vst synth that replicates some sounds from older games and this is what I came up with.

It is called Sarturius Fields...Dont' know why but it just sounded like a level from an old game.

Music makes the world go round, music is a revolution,
All we are is sound vibrations, time for music evolution

Attachments

Login to view attachments
RyaP853
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone still use music like this ??? I know it's not finished but what I'm going for is pretty obvious i think.

Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 11:52
The synths didn't sound very retro to me. The composition was fitting for games (and not badly done at all), but it's not what I think about when I hear SNES or retro game music in general.

And I'm sure people still use music like that. I'm one of them.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
steve paul thomas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 17:44
I'm sure this music would be fine for slow-paced games like a turn-based strategy game or an adventure game.

The "Wa-Wa" layer was a bit repetitive, but other than that it was good

I don't Adam and believe it!
RyaP853
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea i see what you are saying about the repetition.
Maybe I was thinking more like it sounded from a N64 game.
While I was making it I was thinking of maybe a village or town or ( Hyrule field type of area ) where somebody would be spending a decent amount of time in. The music would seem fitting to that maybe.

But back to it....Do makers of games still use music which sounds like this? Obviously not mainstream gaming ( they have evolved ) , but games you find on the internet or like addictinggames.com or sites like that?
I suppose it would fit well in a game where there are other tracks and this is one of those rather than this being the main one.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 22:20:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 22:20:18