Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 72 Hour Wait before you can download Dark GDK.NET

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
First you pay for the software, then, AFTER the credit card is charged you are informed that you have to wait until they are back in their offices on Monday and approve your 'application' for purchase. Bad form guys.

"Thank you for your payment via credit / debit card using the WorldPay system. Your card has been charged $30.00. You will receive an email from WorldPay shortly which is your payment receipt.

Your order is currently being processed by our staff. When your order is approved the items will be dispatched. This typically takes no longer than 24 hours during the week, or 72 hours over the weekend."

Please tell us what we are purchasing BEFORE we pay for it. I had a lot of problems even paying for this thing online using a credit card (pages that would go dead or "no page found"...). The product is a great idea, but I don't even have it yet and already it's creating bad-will.

Game Creators: Please consider giving us this message before we purchase your software and ironing out the bugs in the HTTPS code.
UberMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 09:23
You must be using a slow connection, mine was simple and perfect.

Quote: "Please tell us what we are purchasing BEFORE we pay for it."

W...T....F!? How could you not know what your purchasing....?
Chalky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 10:59
Must say I was a bit miffed about this too. Was hoping to have a play around with it over the weekend. Surely in this day and age there is no need for manual confirmation. :o(

And as DaveF says, I didn't know I would have to wait 72 hours until I got the confirmation message saying my card had been charged.
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 11:36
I have ticked off your orders. The message is only there just in case nobody is around to deal with it.
Towfieee
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been dealing with TGC for over 3 years and bought almost every product they had. Never had a problem with them. And all what you read in the messege is already under any product you buy. You just didn't check.

HINT :Understand that TGC take the weekend off. During the weekdays I try to purchase there products before 5pm to have a bigger chance of proccessing it in the same day.
DaveF
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not a fan of the setup (as my origional post noted). But I did want to follow up with a note to let any readers know that TGC did in fact process my order the next day (Saturday).

I don't know what the odds are that you will have to wait 72 hours. However, in my case the process took just over 12 hours (which wasn't ideal, but was MUCH better then losing the whole weekend).

DaveF
CodeGit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 09:23
I ordered on Monday and I am still waiting.....

thanks
CodeGit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2008 09:24
Does anybody know if TGC are shipping GDK.NET??? I ordered and paid on Monday. I have also sent an email to support and still nothing not even a reply from support.

thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 11:20:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 11:20:40