Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Header trouble

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
When i first tried to use DarkGDK by opening the 'world' project i got an error: 'Cannot open include file 'DarkGDK.h': No such file or directory'

i tried to solve this error by adding it to include files and add vs9 and x64 to libary, this worked but then i got a second error:

'Cannot open include file 'DarkSDK.h': No such file or directory'

i checked DarkGDK.h and saw that it gives the command to use DarkSDK, so i did the same for DarkSDK, but i didnt work. So i tried to add the header file to the world map. This worked but then i got my 3rd error:

c:\documents and settings\*****\my documents\samples\visual studio 9\world\DarkSDK.h(20) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'DarkSDKCore.h': No such file or directory

for some reason Visual c++ cant find any header files but i cant find out why.

Does anybody know how to solve this?

You just wasted 3 seconds of your life.
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 17:59
Go to the Start menu, look under Programs, The Game Creators, Dark GDK. Please read the Installation Guide. It will explain how to setup the compiler if the installation failed to do so.
Achnie
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks, reinstalling fixed the problem. But now i've got a new problem:

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'd3dx9.lib'

i already added;
C:\Documents and Settings\*****\My documents\Lib\VS9
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Lib\x64
C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (August 2007)\Lib

to the libary files, but the system still errors. I checked if d3dx9.lib was in the folder and it was.

Does anybody know how to fix it?

If its important, i use windows xp and copied a dark gdk sample file from the site (so there cant be an error in it)

You just wasted 3 seconds of your life.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 11:38:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 11:38:28