Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Request to Moderators

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2002 06:05
Hi guys... any chance you can do a teeny favour for me.

Delete all posts with Patch 3/2.x/4 or whatever, unless it has actual info on currently working patchs PLEASE delete them. Not sure about you but they're getting quite annoying now.

My advice to everyone not happy with DBpro is switch back to Enhanced/Standard until there is a patch for what you need ... because Lee is on a well ernt holiday - and badgering the staff isn't going to help at all!

if you can't get something to work in DBpro directly make your own function for it! end of story!
Anata aru kowagaru no watashi! http://members.lycos.co.uk/TimeSaga/smile/wack.gif[/img]
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2002 11:53
I agree. We could also just have the db vs program war posts deleted, "[FLAMEBAIT]" is not enough because that's what tempts me to see what's going on.

This has "Fiasco" written all over it.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 02:33
I always delete the "DBPro vs. ___" posts, I think there is only one exception on the forum at the moment (the main DBPro forum, not General Talk) and that's locked

As for the Patch questions I've closed up a few of those and the official answer has now been given (it'll be Patch 3 pre-Christmas!).

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 09:06
really? makes you wonder what'll be in it
personally be happier if rather than busting his ass trying to get the bugs out ASAP - Lee sat back and relaxed about them, i reckon all the rushing and late nites we're killin' him ... i mean for me atleast if i try to rush something oftenly takes twice as long and never works quite how it should

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 09:39
when i try to bust my ass to fix a bug i just lose track of where the bug could be and must get help from outside sources (sometimes)

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 19:37
Pre Christmas? Woohoo! I'm getting DBPro on Christmas.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 21:25
getting it ON? christmas ... hahaa
unless your looting DBS be interesting to see that.
hopefully you ment you'll be given it FOR!
if not, Rick you're gonna need a good alarm on the house

Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2002 00:31
I'm getting DBPro on Christmas. We seem to have a communications problem. It's just like saying christmas day, but without the day part. It's grammatically correct, so what's your problem?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2002 03:27
well the joke kinda slipped right past you there...
everything is closed Chrissy day and not much actually open before hand and after - tell ya what i have 3 weeks off at christmas (though sometimes it seems like i barely even work here hahaa) gonna be cool, thought not sure what to do with myself normally goto my grandparents but well they're away this year ... gotta think of something!

But right now i don't care cause i'm off home to make a pyrotechnics nightmare in my backyard ... make a huge bonfire.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2002 04:43
just dont roast me over that bonfire (a bad joke but a joke at that)

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2002 15:30
... Hmm DarthPuff - from ya av looks like someone already is

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 04:04
good point

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 08:05
Yoga Fire! Yoga Flame!

Snake? What happened?
Snake?
Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 21:06
I got the very cheap joke - I just didn't approve of it. My point is what did I do to you.

And as for that pyrotechnical soiree, I hope you mean more than a bonfire.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 21:10
hahaa... trust me, alot of drunken fun and fireworks (normally not a good combo) but as i decided after drinking the other nite i best not when lighting those suckers
sides i have to take pills whenever i want to drink kinda takes some of the fun away knowing i have to wait several hours before i can touch a drop

Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 21:20
I hope to stock up on fireworks when they go cheap. The ancient chineese used them for birthdays, celebrations, even just to exorcise evil spirits.

In keeping with reality, I'd rather make some sort of explosive. It wouldn't have been colourfull, it would have been a huge blast.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 01:12
=D i took 4 double d model rocket engines + 4 smoke bombs and a bunch of m80s inside a large card board tube (left over from some oversized toiletpaper i think)... it was the best firework ever.... first the rockets with color trails because of the smoke bombs... then the m80s went off... it was in the country... O_O BIIIIIIIGGGG EXPLOSION... if there was a plane flyin over it woulda gone down...

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 03:36
is guy forks night celebrated at all any more?

indi is part of Team Lunarpixel
multimedia logisitics and interactive media
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 08:53
O_O what would that be in the us aussie man

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 14:17
Is it celebrated anymore???

in the UK everyone goes mad over 5 november !

Nevery town worth mentioning has a massive fireworks display, with a bombfire.

Even the little villages have em.

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 16:30
wicked

indi is part of Team Lunarpixel
multimedia logisitics and interactive media
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 19:22
i do not understand indi... what is it... O_O stevil + lamaa = massive fun

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 20:02
i think they like it still hahaa ... i mean for the past two weeks my mom and dad have been telling me how its been nutz with no apprent let up. I reckon monday, maybe tuesday it'll calm down again - my friends here thought i was mad for celebrating it when no-one else does, but non of them told me i shouldn't ... fireworks mad here it swear, was going throu i think it was Wal*Mart or some huge superstore - and have like Chris, Jack and Chiq all like dragging me between the store going "OH OH OH you gotta have this rocket, and this one too... and and"
it was like ... "comeon guys, i do have a limit on my card ya know "

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 21:37
i still dont know what it is

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 01:18
Guy Fawkes nite?

well about 150years ago (or is it 200?) a group of men attempted to blow up the House's of Partiment, something when horribly wrong - i can't remember if he blew himself up or was captured and killed for treason (been a good 15years since i've heard the story) ... well something blew up anyways, i think he blew up the wrong building
and so as part of this it was customary to build an ephagy of Guy Fawkes, sit him on a bonfire and burn it. You set of fireworks to symbolise the failed plot

there is alot more to it, hopefully someone younger or with a better memory knows it all.

I can't remember if the little gang of men were Lord who were just sick of the Government or if they were asked to by the then current king. I remember it was carefully planned out just to be balls up in true English stylee (no doubt they got Rat-Arsed that nite )

But whatever the actual story behind it, is quite a fun holiday.

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 03:06
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 03:23
Guy Fawkes devised the gun powder plot. He decided to light a lot of gun powder under the houses of parliament, but was stopped before he could light it. He was executed for treason. Nothing blew up, it's just an excuse to burn something. Kinda' like a "here's how it could have happened" celebration.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 11:30
now that is a pointless holiday type thingy (thinks about holloween...) YEH POINTLESS....

Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 12:25
Guy Fawkes night is the only celebration that is not related to christianity, but christians celebrate.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 14:49
really? i coulda sworn something actually blew up.
but thought he was captured, just wasn't entirely sure
ya know something i've noticed, was going through the ciriculums for courses at UCLA as been thinkin' of moonlighting on a few courses ... they hvae history courses for America, Latino, Canadian, French, German - which i guess is nice, but anyone notice a rather important country in thier history they've missed out?
Ahh well, 5 in the morning looking over prospectas on Physic, Math, and Language courses - i'm not sure i can take them in the same way as i would in the UK thou, been noticing some very paculiar things about the school system here.
Well whatever, if anyone goes there just think after Christmas you might have me in your class and not even know it

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 18:06
Guy Fawkes did not blow up the Houses of parliment or anything like that:

Remember, Remember the 5th of November
For Gunpouder, treason and plot

[i forgot the rest]

He was a radicle who did not like the way the goverment was working (making themselves rich).

Guy and a few of his mates, got into the basement of the Houses of Parliment through a tunnel which was doug from a nearby house.

The got the 48 (??) barrels of gunpouder in, but were discovered and their plot foiled.

They all hung for Treason infront of a huge crowed in london.

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 18:35
i never said he actually blew up the houses of parliment, but i'm sure something was exploded
coulda sworn there was some balls up in the plan somewhere.
really really wanna find some text on this now

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2002 07:31
O_O halloween used to be a pagan feast holiday then it turned into candy????? WTF... id rather have thanksgiving 2 months in a row =D

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2002 07:57
yeah... dont' celebrate it much within the uk
last year, only house i saw made up for it was my girlfriends (that i was bloody dragged to) it was a really dumb evening, but hey candy and sex i guess it wasn't too bad

was oki here, i mean interesting to see little troglodites running around (kinda literally in some cases) ... apart from every kid in the hood turning up for candy before i went out on the Raz, i think i spent $160 before i even got out of the house lol
but i mean i remember going to bed thinkin how peaceful it was, no gunshots or anything going on - felt like home again

thanks giving is gonna be interesing as i'm not sure what its about, but its oki as I'm really gonna be alone for it - everyone i know is taking the week off to go see families and such.
Just gonna be me and oni ... perhaps she'll like a turkey dinner

ho hum - kinda not sure what to do about christmas either, my parents are both going abroad (not comming here thou) ... my grandparents are going to Great Uncles wedding, my brother are going with my parents and my sister is in Texas with her family

guess it won't be a surprise buying presents for myself, wake up christmas morning "yay lookit what i got! a widescreen TV, looked smaller in the shop " hehee

i dunno, hate somewhere all new.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2002 08:09
O_O wait you live in america now... =) i thought you were uk all the way... =D awww poor poor raven... gotta love the atmosphere of america dont ya... O_O sirens... gunshots... smog... pollution... high prices... right now inflation... war... retard president... come on its not so bad...

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2002 08:24
man u have a cute cat that face is so cool

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2002 08:41
=D yeh cute cat...my male cat can open doors O_O... he reaches up with his paw and pulls down on the lever... =\ names houdini ... got it after he opened his cat carrier on the way home from the pound... only 1 or 2 years old now... was about 1-3 months when we got him... got a cold in the first week ... used to hop in our laps when we played computer to keep warm... then as all male cats do he turned vicious... could wear him as a braclet O_O...

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2002 08:51
hahaa... tell me you haven't noticed my location before
i just registered on VanB's World Map thing so everyone will know roughly where the heck i actually am in this big ol' country

yeah my kitty is cool, she loves to train with me in the mornings
i'd be like using the training trunk in my living room, she'd be there like biting it or clawing at the bottom - so damn'd adorable

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2002 08:58
hey gimme a link to this nice world map =D

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2002 09:29
its in the programs section
as its not quite pin point accurate i'm not really afraid of people knocking on my door

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2002 09:43
now you can find about where i live... not that accurate heh...

Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2002 20:29
Darthpuff, in your America list you mentioned high prices... bah! I bet you I can get taxed to death before you!

p.s. The cat rocks

p.p.s. My cat opens doors too

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 01:46
yeh probably... =P

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 06:01
actually i'm quite surprised, the tax here is LA is like 8% or something ... so compaired to the UK's 17.5% seems like its quite good, but found even wholesale items tend to be around the same price

hey ya know my kitty might not look it, but she's quite vicious. really hates it when strangers come round, well strangers to her
Biten two of my friends who tried to just fuss her - hahaa

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 10:07
If you have a small buissness in the US say good bye to 50% of your profit.

32% Buisness tax
A further 22% if you are a small buissness!

Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 01:33
50%!?! Forget that!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 07:18
Hmm will have to check that out...

It kinda interesting because even if i wanted to I'm not allowed to register a company here in the states, my perminant Visa doesn't cover business ventures - and its likely i'd be kicked out.
Think i require the Citizenship Green Card thingie... so erm, who wants to marry me? rather not wait the 6years thank you hehee
If it really is that much then thank god

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 10:03
I think it is, or thats what my boss says.

(And he pays the bills)

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 17:50
lol... i don't remember saying that (j|k)
hey i thought you were based in the south of england?
be a funny for your boss to be working in dollars
some kinda tax dodge, if so sounds like a very stupid guy to be handelling the money hahaa

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2002 07:18
i would marry you raven... but i dont swing that way sry ... if you want me you need to get about 50 operations...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 12:14:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 12:14:03