Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Can't get demos of sparky's to run.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
There are a million problems of them. The simple demo can be compiled(after setting .h and .lib path), but when run, there are some linking warnings and when I proceed anyway the only thing that happens is that the mouse stutters. When running the .exe outside of visual studio it actually works.

trying the raycast demo doesn't work at all. It doesn't even compile without errors about conflicting files.

I'm at about the edge of my patience with nothing working with GDK. First it is the supplied advanded shader demo not working(all the others work) and now this.

But I'm not giving up! I know it's for free so things not working is something I have to expect. But combined with no manual (the help is just a really basic list of functions with no examples) these errors are making it hard. Not to mention even considering going the .net route to pay for something like this.
CPPP
Years of Service
User Offline
here are the errors I get when I try to build the "Ray collision" demo:

Saw another post where somebody said that a file should be excluded from linking. Tried that, but I got other errors...
CheatCat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 15:30
I think you must create a new project and copy the code from the demo and paste it into the new one. I worked for me, however...
CPPP
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the response. Gonna try that later, but now I'm actually gonna do an intall of everytyhing in Win XP. I've had it with Vista 64. It's not only problems with the GDK, my sequencer (cubase SX3, which I won't leave) doesn't work in Vista 64, and many games run faster on XP.
So XP here I come again! Lets hope for some better GDK time now!
I know that shaders in GDK, among other things,work corretly with xp, since I tried it on my very slow Asus EEE where it actually worked.
CPPP
Years of Service
User Offline
Brilliant!
That worked!
Well actually it was the 2 step process that worked.
First installaing everything into windows xp (making a "new start") instead of Vista 64. That got rid of the initial errors for the raycast demo. Now i had some debugger errors, but the "copy and paste into new project"-method worked for that.

Thanks

And now the advanced shader demo also works directly (thanks to doing it in win xp instead of vista 64.

They should announce that Dark GDK isn't compatible with Vista 64. Or at least not some more advanced parts...
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2008 04:32
Yeah - I shoot out plugs for my last darkgdk project (1200 downloads) LOL ... But the reason I'm plugging it here is because I to didn't like the "sparky" demos for DarkGDK but Sparky works great as usual... so I packed into this library a small sparky demo of my own that just proves out that sparky is installed correctly... and working So...

http://code.google.com/p/darkgdkoop/

--Jason

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 13:19:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 13:19:14