Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Difficulty Extracting with Winrar

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 04:56 Edited at: 10th Dec 2008 05:03
EDIT: Mods please move to appropriate forum!

I recently downloaded winrar so that I could download Strelok's free bandit character (as well as other .rar files ) and I have been having problems.

When I first click download, a menu opens asking me if I want to open or save. I save the file to my FPS downloads folder, and then proceed to open said folder. I then right click on the file, and click "extract files". A menu called "extraction path and files" opens up. I select where I want to extract to, and when I click extract, error messages appear... Please, can someone tell me which options to check?

BTW, the winrar wizard gets the some problems... I would post pictures if I could.

EDIT: Woooops! I accidentally posted in showcase! Mods, please move this to product chat or models and media! My bad guys!

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 05:18
Use 7zip.

It's open source (free) and supports just about every standard type of compression including .rar

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Use that and see if it solves your problem.
Bendak11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 05:22
Thanks Nomad.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 19:19:57
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 19:19:57