Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Model Pack 10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2008 17:45
Hi, I have the Model Pack 10 guns and there are instructions included about adding certain files after building the game. Are those instructions still valid or was it just for older versions of FPSC? (I have 1.13).

Thanks

TechGirl
(Yes, I'm really female!)
bass guy1669
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2008 18:37
I believe they are still valid

come see night shift at http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=106003&b=25 see you there
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2008 23:30
They weren't needed for a while, but now that fpsc uses the image block for texture protection they are relevant once again.

Surreal Killa
Years of Service
User Offline
You have to add files after build? That seems fairly stupid.
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2008 23:55
Yep. Apparently it's pretty simple though so no worries.

[center]
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2008 23:57
It's a fair tradeoff to have personal images protected; heck I wish they would do it with models as well, and seriously, how hard is it to move file 'a' to folder 'b', and that's only on objects with more than one texture involved.

Don't just say No it can't be done. Think outside the box.
Surreal Killa
Years of Service
User Offline
How is one supposed to know which files to copy?

Also, are you really from Caracas, Venezuela? (Murder capital of the world).
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2008 05:10
the way to tell if you need to copy a file is to play the game and see if a model is solid white instead of textured; this usually is the case for HUD weapon files where the hand is a seperate texture than the weapon for variaties sake. you just look for the missing textures in the weapons folder and copy them to the propper corresponding folder.
And I live in NewOrleans, Louisiana...Murder capitol of the world and only getting worse since Katrina.

Don't just say No it can't be done. Think outside the box.
Surreal Killa
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah. I've had that happen. Thought I must have done something wrong, lol.

Caracas, Venezuela is the murder capital of the world according to Foreign Policy magazine October 2008 issue. New Orleans is murder capital of the United States. I have a friend who lives in New Orleans, he wanted me to move there, but I'm concerned about another Katrina happening.
TechGirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2008 17:28
Thanks everyone for the answers. After I posted this, I ran a test build game with the new weapons I'm using in my game. All of them came up except one (it was all white), so I yes, the instructions are still valid. I guess it's best to load them all in (the ones I am using) when the time comes just to be safe...

TechGirl
(Yes, I'm really female!)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 19:23:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 19:23:25