Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Campaing in FPS creator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello. I havent tried this product yet, but I am thinking about it, but I have few questions:

Is it possible to make menu with player profile creation page (nickname) to start a campaing mode with missions?

And is it possible to make a brief and video before each mission?

Cheers,
Lore
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2008 19:06 Edited at: 11th Dec 2008 19:07
I don't think it would be possible to have a player profile creation page without modifying the source code, which means you would have to buy Dark Basic Pro, and learn it. It is possible to play a video file before the start of each mission and a briefing page could be done through scripting.

Hope it helps, and don't forget to read the manual!

FireBASIC - The Heart of Great Programming - http://firebasic.ablazegaming.co.uk
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2008 19:36 Edited at: 11th Dec 2008 20:24
Quote: "I don't think it would be possible to have a player profile creation page without modifying the source code, which means you would have to buy Dark Basic Pro, and learn it. "

Why can't you display huds and receive keyboard input using scancodekeypressed and store those results to global variables?

IE...

Character Menu
A) Barbarian
B) Mongol
C) Roman
Etc.

Then another HUD for your name...
A script would read each scancodekeypressed and pass that scancode value to a variable. (need to limit the number of digits for input)
With a separate variable for each digit we can easily reverse the process to create the user name for display.

If the global variables are saved with the save game function, then why can't you use this method for campaigns?

Maybe I am confused about campaigns, but I think I can create menus for them in stock FPSC (v.109 or higher) now that we have global variables in the FPI.

Is it possible?
Yes

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 19:27:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 19:27:03