Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Creator Games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys im from well back, the site wasnt made by me i'd like 2 say and i just made the games and was told to post the message on the forums .

Apparently the screen shots were just examples of the quality of the games (dont yell at me).

Anyways i was wondering if any one would help me with an ongoing project. Im trying to run an FPS exectuable through Dark Basic Pro. That way it would be like arenas and a game in one rather than seperate executables. Im sure lots of people would probably use the same technique now that ive mensioned it or are using it already.

Ive got the command: execute file "Test\Test.exe", "", "", 0

The problem is that i get an error from something. With further inspection i realised that the FPSC game opened, closed, presented the error: "Debug String gamecore", After this error i get another one saying: "Runtime Error 8003 - Could not find path at line 16689". Any help on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

The only reason that i posted this in this section is because i think that it would be very useful to lots of people who may want to use this method.

P.S. I appologise for my spelling (I was eaten alive in my last post because of it). I am a terrible speller.
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
I would also like to say that i am aware that there is already some one else with the same problem when they run the FPSC exectable from within another program.
Surreal Killa
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to do the same thing and getting the same error as you.

It would be much neater to have everything packaged into a single executable. The only way I can think of doing it at the moment is the pseudo method of extracting files to a temporary directory and launching. That's not ideal however.
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
I wouldnt mind any method of doing it aslong as i can understand it and it can be zipped up and placed on another computer... Then all my problems would be fixed
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
I had an idea however...

If i canty get it working in DB Pro I may try the same thing in Java script, but i think that the prrblem may be with the FPSC executable and nothing else...
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah im back with more infomation on my story....

I have run the executable via three different programs : Dark Basic Pro, Java and MS DOS. In everyone i get the same error... So that will bring you to the conclusion that it is the FPSC executable; we now know where to begin...

I will have a look and poke around with the executable until i fix the problem!!!!!!

More info on my story on my next post... Any help would be much appreciated...
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
i would really like some help on thi matter... perhaps a moderator will know whats up, or one of the creators who made the program...
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys I just found this thread again and a while ago I found a fix

Basically you make an MS DOS document that starts the EXE inside the folder. If you run this .bat file from an extrenal program it all works like a charm. This is the simple way of doing it.

You must edit the Directory of any program running the EXE directly. This is what causes the problem.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 12:42
Arenas

Obviously you havnt checked out the rules either you have posted 4 times in a row EDIT EDIT EDIT is all i can say to that.

Also we cannot help you with something to do with DBP here seeig as about 80% of use dont know the language go ask the guys on the DBP boards please.

So... You have messed up your FPS Creator again - The dreaded words are back

FPS Creator Community Forum
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
No the reason i posted the error here was because the error was to do with FPSC, I had tried other programs to open the EXE. And I posted 4 times in a row because no one had replied!
Weasel
Years of Service
User Offline
The Next, Arenas posted 4 times over 2 MONTHS. It is also his/hers thread.
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it? Wow my very own thread

Well im just glad i found a way to get the EXE's running I hope that this thread will help loads of people who are a dumb as me

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 03:26:37
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 03:26:37