Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Upgrading help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2008 01:28
I have the full version of FPS Creator (V1). I downloaded the 1.13 update and now when I start it up it says it is the free version! What is going on?

"There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives"
Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
This question has been asked billions of times before, please try searching.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=141081&b=2
Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2008 04:10
Thanx, that's a lot of help. I have searched the forums.....

"There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives"
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2008 11:50
I had this same problem and it's fixed easily.

1st: Go to your FPS Creator folder.
2nd: Locate a file called "userdetails.ini" and open it
3rd: Fill the three things you need there: Your name, your serial code and your FPS Creator path (for example: C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator)

That should help. If this doesn't work, something's really messed up with your FPSC.

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2008 12:48
so funny - I never REALLY came into this forum.. saw the sticky about constructive posts.. then popped in here.. and got a slight chuckle... does anyone know why LOL
--Jason

Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 03:18
Um.. what are you talking about jason?

Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 03:22
BTW, Juzi, I checked the userdetails.ini and all of my information is there (before upddating)

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 03:28
Look at the "starred" (sticky?) post from the moderator about "Constructive posts"... I read that because it caught my eye when I FIRST popped into this forum (FPSC chat)... then I came into this thread.. and above I read Game Maker's post... and I couldn't help but laugh reading those two messages one after another LOL

--Jason

Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 03:51
Oh, lol!

Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 06:52 Edited at: 13th Dec 2008 07:09
Quote: "Look at the "starred" (sticky?) post from the moderator about "Constructive posts"... I read that because it caught my eye when I FIRST popped into this forum (FPSC chat)... then I came into this thread.. and above I read Game Maker's post..."

This whole thread is a non-constructive post, not mine. If you say "This question has been asked billions of times before, please try searching " is that non-constructive? NO, IT ISN'T! jason p sage, if you can't read my post then don't post about it.

Quote: "I have searched the forums....."

If you did then did you really need to make another thread?

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=141081&b=2
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 07:27
LOL - Relax bro - I had a laugh - after all.. the Sticky referred to says:

Quote: "Posts that include something to the effect of "Read the Manual", "Do a Search", "Stop pushing our relevant threads down", etc.; will no longer be tolerated. This community needs to understand that new people are in fact welcomed here."

And I remind you I read that then I entered this thread.... Where you typed:

Quote: "This question has been asked billions of times before, please try searching."

Come on.. you don't see how I might find that amusing? I read the sticky then came in here.. You can't blame a guy for cracking a smile after reading that... LOL - I'm not attacking you or anyone.. I just thought it humorous

--Jason

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 14:09 Edited at: 13th Dec 2008 14:19
Actually, the search engine only searches the "Subject" line and if the subject line doesn't have a decent reference to the question a user has then it's not going to find anything; especially if one cannot come up with a key-word that will find the right thread.

Back on topic. I actually can't remember how to correct this but I do know the issue has been discussed. I will try to find a thread that might help and provide you a link.

Addendum:

I just thought of one possible problem. The serial number has two letters. You must enter the correct case for the two letters that are in that number. The first letter is a "V" and needs to be uppercase and the second letter is an "f" and needs to be lowercase. I believe these two letters are found in all of the serial numbers. I might be mistaken, so to put it another way, the first letter is uppercase the second letter is lowercase.

I know that others have had this same problem and even Lee has addressed it in one of his threads early on when the the free version was first introduced.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 19:51
My second letter in the serial doesn't have a "f" but instead it has an "e" does this affect anything?

Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2008 05:47
Anyway... I tried entering my information in the userdetails.ini file and tried to start it up again, but to no prevail, it still says free version, so i don't know what to do now....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 21:29:34
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 21:29:34