Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Random Matrix Colour

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2008 16:29
I realise there is no coloring aspect or ability in, so far as I know, and version or release of DB, but I WAS wondering if there was a way to create this ability with any of the commands within Dark GDK. I'm open to any suggestions, but do treat me as the nuub that I am =)
Thanks in advance,
G0DL355

--------------
So Endeth What Was Begotten From That Moste Darkest and Forgotten Of Times...
Yoda Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2008 17:02
Maybe you could generate random coloured bitmaps in memory,merge them in a image and then use the last one to texture your matrix.

Fear leads to anger
Anger leads to hate
Hate leads to suffering
G0DL355
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2008 19:35
That's an idea, but so far as I know, DB doesn't support animated bitmaps, only gif ani's at most, and the quality would be attrocious at that kind of size (I have experimented :-P ).
I was thinking more along the idea of generating a solid-colour matrix, but the colour (rgb) randomizing with each run of the program =)

Thanks for the idea though - i might implement that on another something I have a-cookin' X)

--------------
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2008 23:28
That's exactly what he just said. Make a 1x1 bitmap filled with the color you want, like dbRGB(dbRnd(255), dbRnd(255), dbRnd(255))
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 00:00
yeah.. Zuka is right.. make a 1x1 bitmap or image, set the color - texture

I personally found it not to hard to make a memblock, then set the values I want, then create the image from the memblock.. then in your case texture the matrix with the image.

There might be another way that's a directX thingy.. but might be to complex for this.. that would be if the vertext format was known to have vertex diffuse - you could perhaps change things and get something like this:

http://www.jasonpetersage.com/img/TankGame39_HomemadeTerrainEngine.png

--Jason

G0DL355
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 01:31
Like I said, I'm still a little new to all of this, and only have a basic grasp of terms and the like - sorry if I misunderstood something.

I'll give memblocking a go - sounds poifect for what I needs.
I'll post the code when I get it running.

Cheers again everyone =)

--------------

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 13:30:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 13:30:16