Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK.Net2 - DarkPhysics Work with it? How About Screen Resolutions?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 00:59
A: Does DarkGDK.Net2 work with DarkPhysics? (I'm under the impression "NO")

B: In the DarkGDK.Net "widget" - there in the properties pages are some REsolutions ina dropdown combo box.. and there aren't many options. Can this be programmatically controlled like in DBPro? (E.g. Pick whatever resolutions and bitdepth you want, windowed or not?)

thanx in advance.
--Jason

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 01:03
1. Please refer to the toolkit as DarkGDK.NET and not DarkGDK.NET2. It's a new release yes, but the version is infact 1.1.0.0

2. The resolution list is not programmable at the moment, but this will be flexible by probing the GPU for modes in the next version.

Paul.

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 01:33
Sweet... I just tried to go full screen, and I know for a fact my monitor supports 1900x1200x32 and I received an error that this mode wasn't supported... I use this mode alot in all kinds of software... any ideas what that's about?

P.S. So far - this looks like a great wrapper you put together.. good job APEXnow!

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 04:41 Edited at: 13th Dec 2008 04:42
Jason,

One thing you can try. If you need a resolution that isn't listed, wait for the control to change the mode, and then use:

CDarkGDK.oDBDisplay.SetDisplayMode

Pass the respective resolution into the required parameters and see if this helps. As for supported modes, I can only go by what TGC have allowed within the DGDK binaries. There are other functions of the oDBDisplay class that allows you to probe your GPU for supported modes.

Paul.

[EDIT]

PS. Got your email. No problem. I'll try to sort out the problems for the next update. And thanks

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 04:55
Thank You - and BTW - I think its awesome how you are all over this! thank you.. I'll try not to distract you except when I hit things that seem kinda "big" because so far.. this is just crazy cool...

And last but not please confirm if DarkPhysics works with DarkGDK.Net 1.1 when you have a second (Or anyone who knows for certain)

Thanx
Jason

Yoda Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 10:53 Edited at: 13th Dec 2008 10:54
Why are you asking about DarkPhysics for .NET again? APEXnow has already answered in my thread about it and you have answered too.

Fear leads to anger
Anger leads to hate
Hate leads to suffering
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 11:13
because sometimes when your old like me - you learn something new.. and do to brain fragmentation... something gets lost.. sorry

I was under than impression - you reminded why Thanx
--Jason

(Bro I'm tired - been wroking really hard is all seriously)

Yoda Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 13:07
Quote: "

because sometimes when your old like me - you learn something new.. and do to brain fragmentation... something gets lost.. sorry

I was under than impression - you reminded why Thanx
--Jason

(Bro I'm tired - been wroking really hard is all seriously)

"

You're welcome

Fear leads to anger
Anger leads to hate
Hate leads to suffering

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 13:15:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 13:15:37