Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / My First Game, trying to make chase cam

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 10:52 Edited at: 14th Dec 2008 07:27
OK so Ive got this nice plan to have the controls as the following

up - forward
back - back up
right/left - turn and strafe simultaniously

I fixed the lurching, but now I cant face any new angles, and I cant rotate the object. I was hoping for a wheel effect, but thats really hard to make... Cant anyone help me get it to rotate the angle its facing, and to roll forward, backward, and to the sides as it moves. One problem is at 180 degrees forward becomes backward... Ive seen games with rolling spheres before, maybe I can rotate the texture on it..?

Ive tried to get it to rotate using the X, Y, and Z RotateObject set, as well as roll, pitch, and turn set. XYZ dont relate to the object and dont work if i try to move it aswell, and the roll-pitch-turn dont stop, ever. The camera stays facing the same angle too! Can someone explain how to use these a little better for me?

PS one more thing, even when i dont have the chase came active me setting my cameras starting position anywhere doesnt work at all. its like its not even coded in...

Niels Henriksen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 11:03
try to replace while (dbDownKey() with

if(dbUpKey())
{
dbMoveObject ( 1, 0.0001 );
}

and also with downkey

Niels Henriksen
www.tales-of-the-realms.com
if Microsoft can sell software with bugs, so can I.
Expert Novice
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you it worked. I don't know what I had done with the If function but it wasnt that! It works now, and you only need 1.0 to go forward. In only had small decimal cause it lurched me so far...

Lol, thanks Niels, gratis.
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2008 01:50 Edited at: 14th Dec 2008 01:51

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Expert Novice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2008 07:17 Edited at: 14th Dec 2008 07:18
Oops forgot the /code part.
fixing...

Also having trouble getting the object to face a different angle.. I ammended my post to show the new code.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2008 09:25
Quote: "PS one more thing, even when i dont have the chase came active me setting my cameras starting position anywhere doesnt work at all. its like its not even coded in...
"

Turn AutoCam off?

chanchan
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried this too,
but the dbSetCameraToFollow() function not always being behind the player???

How can I make the camera keep chasing me
I've tried lower the momentum (I forgot the exact name) paramater buat I still have the same result except the camera begin follows the player faster, but occasionally NOT behind the player...

Always learning

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 13:21:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 13:21:28