Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC's Top Down View Is Actually Annoying!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I finally realized what I did not like about FPSC the most, and it's the top down view. For people with widescreen monitors, this does not go swell, as you place a box against a wall, even in right click mode, yet when you run the game, there is the box in the middle of the room. Then you have height checking, with the right click view, you can't really judge when it's on the ground, because normally it is just floating in mid air if it's static. I hate top down view. Just period.

Any other opinions on how bad top view is?

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2008 06:40
I don't mind it. I've got a widescreen laptop, too...

My only real annoyance is that we can't edit in realtime. THAT would make things better.

*This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds.*
outlaw241
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2008 06:42
Quote: "My only real annoyance is that we can't edit in realtime."

???.
what does that mean?

Going the extra mile...

dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2008 07:01
(Well, from what my understanding of 'realtime editing' is)

Seeing what our game looks like without having to build the game, like seeing how the shadows change when we move lights, etc.

*This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds.*
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2008 13:50
I think realtime editing would be great. Except that would mean that all the lights and lightmapping would need to be done in realtime and that's not so great.

[center]
Maniac Modeler
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd be nice if they released the editor source aswell, then we'd see some crazy editor mods that would allow us full advantage of editing our levels.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2008 18:50
Quote: "I'd be nice if they released the editor source aswell, then we'd see some crazy editor mods that would allow us full advantage of editing our levels."

Yeh, but someone with DarkBasic Pro could compile them both and get a free version of FPS Creator...

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2008 19:00
Good point... Still, that would be cool; maybe put the editor source into your order history only if you have FPSC and DBP? That would be pretty sweet, and an awesome edition to Ply's mod. Then the problem would be that people could download the whole thing modded for free, which makes the whole point moot.

If A=B and B=C, are people still stupid?
-Crusader2
USE PLY'S MOD!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 14th Dec 2008 19:15
When placing entities, you are not limited to the top-down view. Once you place the entity in the level, right click on it to get any view you please. Just move the mouse/scroll to rotate around, above, below the entity, and use the other keys to fine tune it's placement/rotation/etc.

If this is not what you meant, then...... never mind.

Best.

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2008 02:05
Quote: "Yeh, but someone with DarkBasic Pro could compile them both and get a free version of FPS Creator..."

But they can't you see? They could get both source codes and go ahead and try and compile, but there are loads of media hardcoded into the mapeditor, so if they got the source and tried to compile without a valid copy of fpsc it would come up with cannot load image or whatever error. Loads lol.

"Welcome to the forums, MasterXMP. Your game looks like garbage..." - Game Maker
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2008 02:09
The editor was written in C, from what I understand...
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2008 02:31 Edited at: 16th Dec 2008 02:32
FPSCREATOR.exe was written in C++, and called the app fpsc-mapeditor .exe (made in DarkBASIC Professional) into its interface. And they both correspond with each other.

"Welcome to the forums, MasterXMP. Your game looks like garbage..." - Game Maker

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 21:28:47
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 21:28:47