Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Animations, Device Lost, Soft-Shadows, Shaders

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2008 22:25
1: Does DarkGDK.Net have more control of animations now possibly, where you can control different parts of the bone hierarchy indepentantly... like "Advanced animations" plugin does or LeadWerks does?

2: Has anyone played with the Lost Device "value" in the DarkGDK.Net Display class - and been able to get a working alt+tab from full screen game to desk top and back to work reasonably well?

3: Has anyone been able to get a decent soft-shadow shader going? any recommendations on how to get soft shadows in DarkGDK.Net? (I know it was nearly impossible but I'm hopinh something has changed)

4: Have any of you had luck using shaders, that in DBPro work well, in DarkGDK.Net?

5: Does anyone know how to render only "POINTS" in a mesh? (Wireframe we have for sure.. point render mode - last I knew you needed a shader - (in DBPro... which wouldn't work in DarkGDK (C++)....

Thanx
--Jason

Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2008 02:51
5. Loop through the vertex data, use some transformations, get the screen position, use dbDot or edit the screen backbuffer data. That'll paint over everything else, though.
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2008 03:38
I take it I'm the only one who has no issues with shaders in GDK, try this for point sprites(very cut down version):

and code:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 13:31:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 13:31:26