Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Price Warning !!!

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2008 14:00
I tried to order FPS creator on 3/12/08 and decided to take advantage of the discount offered against additional Model Packs if ordered at the same time. However when I got to the “Confirm your order” screen, an incorrect discounted Model Pack total was shown so I couldn’t order.
I have now sent 6 e-mails to TGC to ask them to check and correct the discounted Model Pack totals when ordering with FPS Creator but they have rejected each query. I have further narrowed the error to the currency using, UK pounds and Euros are incorrect, Dollars seem to be O.K.
It is unlikely now that I will be able to get the FPS Creator and Model Packs for Christmas owing to TGC reluctance or refusal to correct their web site. What are they playing at?
If some of you could also check and comment back on your findings then maybe they will react positively.
I went to TGC home page, Game Development Tab, FPS Creator and then clicked on Order tab. If you enter some details, and select currency as Sterling(UK) and tick for example Model Pack 1, then Proceed. You will see that the £10.99 Model Pack has been discounted to £10.79 which is supposed to be 10% discount. My maths says that the discounted price should be £9.89. The more Model Packs you order the more confusing the incorrect discounted Model Pack total becomes. Don’t worry you can exit without commitment at this stage.
If anyone has ordered FPS Creator with Model Packs recently then they may be due for a partial refund if they paid in UK pounds or Euros. I can only state that the error was definitely there on 3rd December 2008 but cannot comment on periods earlier than this.

Juney
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2008 15:42
Mate what is your problem you will get it for Christmas stop complaining its a few pence thats all dont bother with it just buy it anyway if they rejected your query then you are the one at fault TGC are a very fair and reliable company and would not steal your money they would do anything to help but obviously they have nothing to help you with i dont get the issue here.

Sorry iof that sounded harsh but you cant just going round saying that they are nicking a few pence of you its just not right.

If your so worried then order them sepratly

Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2008 15:55
I was going to order most of the Model Packs so its not just a few pence. If TGC are as fair and reliable as you say then they shouldn't overcharge by even a penny. If you allow one company to allow errors on their web sites who will we be able to rely on?

Juney
Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2008 17:28
If you don't like the price, don't buy it. Simple

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's 400k!
Dr Parsnips
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2008 17:57
Ok, excuse the fan boys. Everyone here is very loyal to TGC as they usualy are a very ethical company. Im sure there is some mistake with Worldpay or the current payment system they are working with.
I am very surprised they have rejected your email. I would try emailing Rick Vanner personally as he usually replies to all his emails.

I wouldnt loose heart in FPSC just over this, its a very decent app that is always fun to use.

HMMMMMMM
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2008 18:22
I see your problem. If you buy several packs those "few pence" would grow to quite much. But I guess it is worth it anyways, but its annoying when such things dont work. And when they not reply...

Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2008 21:11
Are you sure your email is correct?

Lee Bamber - Blame Beer
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2008 21:26
TGC haven't handled customer support via email for nearly 6 years now, it should all be done via the online support system, a link to which is right below the "Post Message" box on this forum.

If they rejected your support enquiries then post the reply here (they cannot rejected an enquiry without writing a reason first, I know, I built that system for them)

I'm sure the error is related to the recent drop in VAT and some calculation math somewhere, and I'm equally sure it can be fixed, but I know emailing won't get that result - customer support first, they can deal with this.

Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2008 22:35
Since 3rd December I have sent 6 messages to TGC support team.
The 1st reply said I needed to order the model packs with FPS Creator to qualify for the discount. I stated this in my enquiry so they not only didn't read my enquiry properly but they clearly didn't try the system to see if their was a fault.
The next two replys from the support team answered "No reply required. Enquiry closed."
The next reply from the support team said the manager is in the USA and appologies for the delay.
And shortly after this message I received another from them stating that additional VAT is added to UK orders.
I have responded to them that they are only allowed to charge VAT once to an item but have not received an answer.
The problem as far as I can see is that for a single £10.99 pack they are reducing a 10% discount but from a £11.99 list price.
If you order 6 packs then the discount is being applied to 7 packs and then deducted making the Pack Totals incorrect each time.
I have written to the forum because the support team are not providing support when it is justified. Why should other purchasers suffer because of their refusal to acknowledge and rectify a mistake.

Juney
Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2008 23:39
Settle.. Settle..

Either way, even if you have to pay 10 extra... Pennys? (im australian)
FPSC and most of the packs are well worth the money!
Who cares if you need to pay a little extra, or your not getting that little bit discounted, FPSC Is an Awesome product, and is good enough to buy for a price higher then it is.

~/BennyBoy\~
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2008 23:53
Nah I agree with him, 10% is 10%, it shouldn't be a penny more or a penny less. I've pointed Rick and Mike at the problem, it's up to them if they fix it. Support obviously dropped the ball on this one.

Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2008 11:49
This problem was due to the conversion rate changing and an older price being used as the base rate. This has now been fixed.
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2008 12:39
Thank you to those who took the time and trouble to at least test for the fault and to report back positively. I beleive it has helped to resolve a problem. Shame it took so much time and effort.

Juney
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2008 17:13 Edited at: 16th Dec 2008 17:14
Quote: "Shame it took so much time and effort."

According to your posts, it took less than 24 hours.
Not bad, considering there was debugging and reprogramming involved.
You also have to consider the large number of products that the TGC support system handles.

I understand about the prior emails, but the forum seemed to work rather well.

So, my lesson learned here...

If you can't reach TGC thru email, then try using the forums.

Quote: "Thank you to those who took the time and trouble to at least test for the fault and to report back positively."

Ditto
I'm sure this helped a lot of people.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 21:33:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 21:33:39