Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / darksdk.h or darkgdk.h?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Friends
What different is between DardSDK.h and DarkGDK.h? i saw all files are SDK and finally sdk change to GDK !
what are sdk headers? are there from directx sdk?
sorry again if my questions are simple for you and maybe funny but i'm new in C++ and darkGDK my programming experience is only from microcontrollers with assembly
regards
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2008 23:32
It used to be called the SDK, then they renamed it to the GDK. Nothing more than that.

CPPP
Years of Service
User Offline
If you take a look inside DarkGDK.h you see these lines :
// Product: DarkGDK (Dark Game Development Kit)

So DarkGDK.h seems to include Darksdk.h (Which seemed to be the old sdk). Inside darksdk you can see that every "chapter" of the manual is included. DarkSDKCore.h corresponds to the core functions, darkSDKBasic3d corresponds to the basic 3d functions and so on. These are mostly replicated from the commands in Dark basic Pro.

These header files in turn contains the function declarations (but not the definitions since these are header files).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 13:22:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 13:22:16