Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC or Dark GDK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2008 04:58
Hello again,

I have both FPSC and Dark GDK......I do like FPSC alot and am making my own textures and also got blender to start modeling........but now I am at a delima.......should I use FPSC to build my first game with or just go right to Dark GDK?......I really can't make heads or tails of Dark but I understand that it makes games run alot faster.......but ont he other hand FPSC is eaiser to use and to complete a project.........What would you do?
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2008 09:44
Depends really. If you can code, go for DarkGDK, faster and you can modify to your full potential.
But then again, with FPSC, you can just kick back and have loads of fun making a game, but with limitations, and then with the GDK, the only limitation is your abilities...All comes down to choice and options.

"Welcome to the forums, MasterXMP. Your game looks like garbage..." - Game Maker
flewster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2008 13:00
I totally understand what your saying......I guess what frustrated me about the Dark GDK was the lack of tutorials......I looked and seatched the boards but not much out there and it seems that when people asked questions inthe boards they got really vague answers......I was able to get a map I made loaded into GDK but then I tried searching for how to produce collission and such and answeres were really hard to find....The documentation is vague at best and so I kinda gave up some.......I really want to produce in GDK but just need some help getting started....I pick up on things real quick......
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2008 16:56 Edited at: 16th Dec 2008 17:06
Quote: "I pick up on things real quick...... "

Then look at the source code for FPSC to learn about collisions.

Quote: "What would you do?"

If I were you, then I would...

Use FPSC for your first game. (maybe one not for release but for in house R&D)

Study the FPSC source code to learn about collisions etc, and to get the game to do what you want it to.
Make the modifications or build a new engine from scratch using your GDK.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 21:25:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 21:25:10