Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Pacman clone final version

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So, I finished my Pacman clone for my CMPSC class and it seems to be working great. Check it out and give me some feedback. Thanks.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2008 08:17
@ Metroid Larvae

Thanks for sharing your game with us... I liked it, graphics are good and smooth, just a couple of points I noticed.
When Pacman reaches the cherrys he goes slightly behind them before they disappear.
Also when all lives are lost and 'Game Over' appears as a little text in the middle of a big black screen, what am I supposed to do then? there are no replay options.
Would be great to see any changes you make.

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2008 17:15
Really good, and well written.
Cant wait to finish a game.
Niels Henriksen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2008 17:34
VERY good written..... Good place to start for making a game...

Niels Henriksen
www.tales-of-the-realms.com
if Microsoft can sell software with bugs, so can I.
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2008 22:57
Quote: "Really good, and well written."

I agree

Very nice I love it.

Marvin the Magician by Soharix
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=141496&b=8&p=0
Metroid Larvae
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks everyone.

@ Tone Dialer
Yah, I did want to add those features but with the time restraint I had to complete it I didn't get a chance to put that in. I may end up making changes but with school it probably won't be for a while.
Lubo
Years of Service
User Offline
Metroid Larvae you did very well, congratulations. To be honest I had never played PacMan before I tried yours and it gave me a chance to see what the game is about. I like it Maybe just a melody or a short song would make it better And I want to ask you about the blue ghosts. Aren't they supposed to eat you as well? Because nothing happens whenever I encounter one of them - eg. I don't lose lives or get restarted.
Good work once again, bravo
Metroid Larvae
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Lubo

The ghosts turn blue when you eat a power pellet. Those are the 4 square dots that you can eat. What happens is when they are blue you can eat them but when they are not blue they eat you. So, I set a time limit for how long they are blue then they turn back. In the first level you may not have noticed because it is pretty easy, but as you move farther in the game it gets harder.

Thanks for the compliments!
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2008 22:00
If you do updates on this game I'd like to suggest that when the blue ghosts get eaten that they head back to the corral and come out in their unblue forms after a delay. As it is, if you catch one close to the corral exit you can pretty much run back and forth over them, gathering points, until they go unblue. They also need to blink as they get ready to change back. It's hard to keep an eye on the text on the right and play the game.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2008 22:10
And you thought you had finished!!! it never ends!!! hehe

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 13:12:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 13:12:32