Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / 2d dbpro?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2003 09:44
what am i doing wrong?

my code(half borrowed) runs ok in reg db but when i run it in dbpro it is slower than dirt?
if fact all of the 2d stuff i try to do in dbpro is slow, so much so that i've gone back to using reg db???? i must be doin something wrong, please help

(i don't know how to post images - bitmaps - sorry)
TeePee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2003 12:34
well mate im not an expert on this stuff but the exact same thing happened to a friend of mine. He fixed it by using full screen exclusive mode. Before you compile all your code just go to the settings option on the right and select full screen exclusive mode from the display settings. When my friend got dbpro in full screen windowed mode his fps was always about 1. As soon as he went to exclusive it just skyrocketed. This only happens with some people's comps tho, not all. Personally, full screen exclusive works slower for me then regular full windowed mode. Its just a matter of what computer youve got

zzabb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2003 21:18
thanx for the advice, but....
i usually do run in the exclusive mode with 640/480/16 it doesn't seem to make a difference )-:

zzabb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2003 09:19
well i found my own prob?
i think it was because i mixed 3d objects and 2d objects, when i changed it to 2d only DBpro kicked reg DB but

My advice is free -
unfortunately you get what you pay for (-:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:36:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:36:43