Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Rail shooter problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2008 19:37
Hi everyone,

In my game, one of the levels is a rail shooter-type level. You sit in the back of a truck while someone is driving, and you shoot at vehicles, people, etc.

Unfortunately, I can't get the player to sit in the back of a truck...or even follow the truck with an anti-gravity lift for that matter.

Is there any way for my player to sit on top of the truck (or something similar) so I can continue my game?

Thanks in advance!

*This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds.*
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2008 19:43
Yeh, make sure the truck is a perfect box shape, then sit the player marker on top. Now set his speed in the marker to 0, and you're done...

dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2008 19:49
Setting the player speed to 0 does nothing...the truck just slides out from underneith me. Making the truck a box shape would probably work, but it would look realy ugly.

I'll keep trying. Any other ideas?

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2008 19:52

*slap!*
Quiet yourself, think before posting, and maybe you won't be as ignorant as you seem.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2008 19:53
Quote: "Making the truck a box shape would probably work"

Dynamic entitis have box collision. You could try a system with Ply's Mod, by using the PLRCOLOFF command with ASSOCIATEPLAYER to perhaps make it work better, but I dunno...

Gunn3r published a great tutorial on his site. I won't post the link though, 'cos someone'll probably just say I'm shamelessly plugging it...

dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2008 20:20 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2008 20:26
Can't use Ply's mod, as I'm already using a different mod. I'll try that script, though. I would've used Gunn3r's tutorial (no shame in plugging it, it is pretty awesome), but I'm not using the scifi lifts, so it wouldn't have worked.

@meteorite:

Where would you put that script? Putting it in the truck's main script does nothing.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2008 22:38
I shamelessly plug the xplosys scripting guide all the time, it's great

it doesnt work because it wasnt a full script with proper syntax. CG is right, you probly want to plrcoloff

so more like

and that's not the entirety, you need to have it follow waypoints also, but I'm bad at waypoint scripting

*slap!*
Quiet yourself, think before posting, and maybe you won't be as ignorant as you seem.
dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2008 01:31
I'm getting there.

New script keeps me close to the truck...but way too close. In fact, I'm stuck inside the vehicle (almost underneith), and it hurts the player to take corners.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2008 01:42
Well I'd be hurt if I was under a truck going round a corner, lol...pretty badly I'd imagine as well...

dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2008 01:46
Yeeeaaahhh...

Is there any way for the player to move close to the truck, but not inside the truck?

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2008 02:07
I suppose try plrassociate

*slap!*
dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2008 02:13
Hmm, that doesn't work either...I might just make a different type of level.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 21:33:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 21:33:40